• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Post your dumb RC moves here

2robinhood

70cc twin V2
I had the gasoline fill and the smoke fill in the same brand fittings next to each other.
A hot day and bullshitting while filling the plane, I filled the smoke tank instead of the fuel tank.
2 minutes into the flight she died. Was a good lesson.
I use two different kinds of fillers now.
No possible what to mix them up know, even if I was drunk.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
The best part is the one I was flying and crashed was given to me by a friend because he couldn't figure out why it was glitching. He gave it to me and said "fly it until it crashes". So 1 free plane turned into 2 wrecked planes. Live and learn I guess.

Nothing in this hobby is "Free". lol

Fishhook2670

70cc twin V2
I had the gasoline fill and the smoke fill in the same brand fittings next to each other.
A hot day and bullshitting while filling the plane, I filled the smoke tank instead of the fuel tank.
2 minutes into the flight she died. Was a good lesson.
I use two different kinds of fillers now.
No possible what to mix them up know, even if I was drunk.
Did u get a chance to shot any gas in the muffler before it died ? always wondered how exciting that would be.

quadracer

100cc
Flew a foamie into my own face once. Not so much my fault, the elevator linkage let go just as I was pushing up to go vertical. DOINK! lol

Fishhook2670

70cc twin V2
Bought first electric plane, setting the throws with it facing me. Did not know about a kill switch on electric. aileron good, elevator good, rudder check moved throttle forward coming at me on table. Reached out to stop it. Bad move! About ten days in gauze and bandaids I was ready to fly again.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Went to the field with 2 planes in the van. Took one out and set it on the ground behind the van. Took the 2nd one out to fly. Glitch caused a crash on the one I am flying and it is far away. Get in van to go get crashed plane. Back up and run over plane that I took out earlier. 2 total losses that day.
Dooooooah!!!!!!
forehead-slap-smiley-emoticon.gif

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Geez,
I think I could fill this thread up all by myself.........................:LOL_gif: I've lost count how many times I went to the field with my transmitter case and left my transmitter at home on the charger. I've taken my biplane to the field and left the struts at home a few times. I've taken all my electric foamies to the field and left my ammunition box full of batteries at home. Of course none of those cost me anything (other than allot of frustration).................:laughing: