• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

PM Research Mini Engine Lathe Build

Looks good Tony,
But the threaded part must be in the center of two non threaded ends. I can do the center drilling and also cut in the key slot. I just don't have any way to cut the threads. The threads look really good though!!

TonyHallo

150cc
Oh, I know that I was simply testing, I had to change the tool that I ground after I noticed it was cutting more like a thread. At any rate PM me your address and I will mail it to you. I didn't make the reliefs as big on each end as shown on the drawing since there was no dimension provided and I didn't need to make it bigger since I kept the half nut engaged and turned the lathe by hand. You can make those bigger if needed, much easier to take off than add! I drilled and reamed the center hole.

IMG_2437.jpg

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Yep, it has the same 3 bolt pattern and relief that my lathe spindle has. It fit right on. I made sure it was a bolt on fit before getting it. I'm pretty sure they make the same chuck for the ER32 as well, with a couple different styles for different lathes. I almost got the C5 style, but I'd of had to make the backplate for my lathe.

I should get collets for my mini lathe............

Last edited: