• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Pitts S1-T, S1-S, and a Challenger.

Wacobipe

100cc
It is truly amazing what you guys can do with a box of sticks and a few molded plastic pieces!
You could do it too....it isn't hard, and I actually find it just as fun and satisfying as flying. It's just a different set of skills...nothing special!

Jaketab

50cc
DSCF3991.JPG Forgot to include pic of the hardware along with my new 3'x7' build table.
It's in a warm room situated between the computer and TV.

Jaketab

Jaketab

50cc
Question - getting ready to build the tail and wing sections to start. Is it necessary to have a semi-soft table overlay to pin the sections too??
Will clamps, weights, tape, or sandbags be adequate to weigh down flat and hold into place as glue dries ??
If pinning down is required, what would be a table good overlay?? Drywall? Soft panel board? Something else ????/

Thanks - Jaketab

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Weight's will be fine for the tail feathers but the wing is a different story. The wing get's built upon ply runners which need to be very securely fastened down, see pic. If you are ok with screwing to the table you show above is, that is what I would suggest. If you don't want to screw to it then I would lay a sheet of ply over it and clamp the perimeter.

Attachments

• DSCF1822.JPG
    DSCF1822.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 215

Jaketab

50cc
Acerc,
The ply runners are discarded after the wing is laid out? (Correct or not?)
The jig for the fuse is also screwed to the board, so I will get a 3/8" sheet of ply to cover the building table to screw into.
My concern was getting something soft enough that would accept push pins.

Thanks - Jaketab

pittsflyer777

New to GSN!
I built the Sheber S1 from a set of plans. Would like to do an S2, especially from a kit.
Hey Ace, Over the years I have dabbled in designing and building a 1/3 Scale Pitts S-1. I have referenced 3-views and old Weeks Special plans as a guide. Do you know where I could obtain Sheber S-1 plans? They do not seem to be available anywhere. I have even considered the R/C Guys plane (which I believe is based on the Sheber plans), but don't really need another ARF. I have roughed out the fuse and tail feathers based on the 3-views. I also have a Byron canopy and cowling for the currently idle project.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Acerc,
The ply runners are discarded after the wing is laid out? (Correct or not?)
The jig for the fuse is also screwed to the board, so I will get a 3/8" sheet of ply to cover the building table to screw into.
My concern was getting something soft enough that would accept push pins.

Thanks - Jaketab
That would be correct, the ply runners are discarded.
I never found much love of the push pin method but absolutely love the magnet way. Drywall or ceiling panels may very well work, but, with a model of this nature I would not trust it.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Hey Ace, Over the years I have dabbled in designing and building a 1/3 Scale Pitts S-1. I have referenced 3-views and old Weeks Special plans as a guide. Do you know where I could obtain Sheber S-1 plans? They do not seem to be available anywhere. I have even considered the R/C Guys plane (which I believe is based on the Sheber plans), but don't really need another ARF. I have roughed out the fuse and tail feathers based on the 3-views. I also have a Byron canopy and cowling for the currently idle project.
Check your conversation page.