• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Pitts S1-T, S1-S, and a Challenger.

ShaneM

New to GSN!
Beautiful. I think I know that Field?! I am from "UP north" but when I get to Fl, I always stop into Imperial on hwy60.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Thank you @ShaneM.
IRCC is a nice club and field, unfortunately I may be ending my participation there. We have been slowly moving 80 miles north and I will be joining a club here sometime soon.

WMcNabb

150cc
Robert,
I saw the attached photo on AircraftStudioDesign's site and thought of your project.
Wade
image.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/2132619553...1438635644./10155845458825302/?type=3&theater

Last edited:

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
@WMcNabb, thanks for thinking of me. ASD had a whole portfolio on the II, four profile views, wing lay-outs, and a logo sheet. Someone sent all of it to me knowing I wanted to do it. I want to have them printed on to clear plastic for the projector prior to starting that build, way to much to try and lay out by hand.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
When I was fitting the cowl last week for some reason it was short, pic 1. So I made a spacer and epoxied it to the nose former. The fuse panels have been re-cut for the longer nose and awaiting their turn to go on as soon as the epoxy is dry enough.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 307
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 304

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Panels and cowl installed!! Next up? The wheels and pants..

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 301

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Being as the kit supplied canopy mount is hideous, pic 1, I am making a glass one like I did on mine. I have laid up a five ply frame and will give it until morning to cure. Then I will give it a good glazing readying it for prime and paint.

Attachments

• DSCF2142.JPG
    DSCF2142.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 301
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 285