• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pilot RC 42% Edge 540.

kwilson

30cc
Did it balance with rudder servos in the tail or did you do pull/pull? Cans or std. mufflers? I'm getting to the point on my build to start thinking about balance.

Push pull with rudder servos in the tail, single elevator servos, and std. mufflers.

Zzaro

30cc
Hey guys! I did the maiden on my edge today with the the DLE-222 up front. I am very impressed with the bird!!! I put the rudder servos in the tail and but all my electronics and batteries as far back as I could and it balanced out pretty good with only a slight nose down angle. it only took two clicks of up elevator trim and off it went. I think I will see if I can move anything more aft in the fuselage cause I like my planes a little on the tail heavy side. Engine was a little on the rich side but thats ok for break-in and it did not seem to overheat so the baffling I did must be working. If anyone is interested in seeing some pics I will post some later.

Hey guys! I did the maiden on my edge today with the the DLE-222 up front. I am very impressed with the bird!!! I put the rudder servos in the tail and but all my electronics and batteries as far back as I could and it balanced out pretty good with only a slight nose down angle. it only took two clicks of up elevator trim and off it went. I think I will see if I can move anything more aft in the fuselage cause I like my planes a little on the tail heavy side. Engine was a little on the rich side but thats ok for break-in and it did not seem to overheat so the baffling I did must be working. If anyone is interested in seeing some pics I will post some later.

Yes of course pictures! :)

I have had mine for 3 years now. It has a Da 150 on stock mufflers with a 30x10 falcon prop, 7955's all the way around. 3 on the rudder, 4 on elevators, 4 on ailerons. Just to let you all know, I have played with the cg a lot on this plane and I have it on the leading edge of the wing tube and it is perfect.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 489