• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pilot RC 42% Edge 540.

kwilson

30cc
You're welcome. My marking is a circle with crosshairs in it.

Well I took it out for the maiden yesterday and sure enough, there was a CG marking on one of the motor box sides about an inch or so in front of the wing tube. My balance was right on the money and man is this a great flying plane! Rock solid harriers and just a super light flyer. Love it!:woohoo!:

thurmma

150cc
That is great news! I love mine, but building an Extra 330SC for IMAC stuff. Tired of trying to force the Edge to stall :)

kwilson

30cc
It's not that difficult to make the Edge stall/spin acceptably for IMAC. There are a couple of common mistakes that folks make in set up that are easily fixed. First - too much elevator. You should set the elevator to 10-12 degrees up and down, which is plenty for precision flight. Second - idle up too high. Fix those two things and you should be able to show a nice break and spin entry with just about any plane. It does take practice though!

Zzaro

30cc
Hey guys!
It's been a long time since I have posted anything in this forum so I figured I'd give an update on my progress. Since I last posted I was asking about savox servos and I decided to go with them. I have them installed along with the RX and smart fly power expander. The only thing I am waiting on is the engine. I was going to go with the DLE-170 but I am know thinking of the DLE-222. Anybody know anything good or bad about this choice?

crfabbro1

New to GSN!
Well I took it out for the maiden yesterday and sure enough, there was a CG marking on one of the motor box sides about an inch or so in front of the wing tube. My balance was right on the money and man is this a great flying plane! Rock solid harriers and just a super light flyer. Love it!:woohoo!:

Did it balance with rudder servos in the tail or did you do pull/pull? Cans or std. mufflers? I'm getting to the point on my build to start thinking about balance.