• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pilot RC 42% Edge 540.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Zzaro;14911 wrote: Well I got to look at some savox servos up close today and I think I am going to give them a try. I guess it was easier than I thought leaving hitec...lol.

Here some pics of this beauty!!!

How's the Edge coming? I am really anxious to hear and "SEE" more of your progress.:nodding-yes-by-a-ve

Zzaro

30cc
It's coming along slowly...lol. Been waiting to get a little bit more in the bank to order the rest. I have the engine on order so that should be here shortly and I will post more pics then. Thanks for the interest in the plane!!!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Zzaro;18972 wrote: It's coming along slowly...lol. Been waiting to get a little bit more in the bank to order the rest. I have the engine on order so that should be here shortly and I will post more pics then. Thanks for the interest in the plane!!!

Cool.... Always nice to see a bad ass plane build. What motor have you got coming for this one? Did I miss where you mentioned it?

Zzaro

30cc
DLE-170. Yes, this is a bas ass bird! I have an EF 88" edge that is a monster. So I'm really excited to fly a bigger edge!

wyo69cowboy

New to GSN!
Here's a couple pics of mine; also DLE170. I fought the motor for about 30 flights--would idle great and top end was impressive, but horrible throttle response/mid-range. Finally found a cracked reed due to missing metal reed stop. Thought I had my woes solved, and popped into a 50' hover, and it died :( Still have the wrecked fuse and Pilot free wood parts in my garage; really wanna get it going again this winter!

20609=13112-edge540.jpg
20609=13112-edge540.jpg
20609=13113-edgehover.jpg
20609=13113-edgehover.jpg

wyo69cowboy

New to GSN!
20610=13114-edge540.jpg
20610=13114-edge540.jpg

20610=13115-edgehover.jpg
20610=13115-edgehover.jpg
Here's a couple pics of mine; also DLE170. I fought the motor for about 30 flights--would idle great and top end was impressive, but horrible throttle response/mid-range. Finally found a cracked reed due to missing metal reed stop. Thought I had my woes solved, and popped into a 50' hover, and it died :( Still have the wrecked fuse and Pilot free wood parts in my garage; really wanna get it going again this winter!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
wyo69cowboy;20609 wrote: Here's a couple pics of mine; also DLE170. I fought the motor for about 30 flights--would idle great and top end was impressive, but horrible throttle response/mid-range. Finally found a cracked reed due to missing metal reed stop. Thought I had my woes solved, and popped into a 50' hover, and it died :( Still have the wrecked fuse and Pilot free wood parts in my garage; really wanna get it going again this winter!

That really sucks. Haven't heard of the 170 having issues. But then again I've not been around them too much. Early version? Hopefully you have the problem solved.

wyo69cowboy

New to GSN!
I haven't been able to test it further, as I've stared at the pile of wood for too long :( However, I think the new reeds solved the issue; I was just using a new radio on that last flight, and didn't have a flight(high) idle setting like on my prior tx. I popped a baby wall at low throttle(idle) and I think it just loaded the engine too much, causing it to die. Hope to find out next spring; I really liked the DLE overall-running on DLE cans, it was quite strong, pulling 6300 on a Xoar 32x10(ear bleeding prop rip) and 6000 on a Falcon 30x13W carbon.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
wyo69cowboy;20620 wrote: I haven't been able to test it further, as I've stared at the pile of wood for too long :( However, I think the new reeds solved the issue; I was just using a new radio on that last flight, and didn't have a flight(high) idle setting like on my prior tx. I popped a baby wall at low throttle(idle) and I think it just loaded the engine too much, causing it to die. Hope to find out next spring; I really liked the DLE overall-running on DLE cans, it was quite strong, pulling 6300 on a Xoar 32x10(ear bleeding prop rip) and 6000 on a Falcon 30x13W carbon.

Sweet... I have my choice of props when I mount one on my Sukhoi. I have not decided if I am going to "jack" the Falcon 32x10 from my 260 or just go with the PT 32x10 I have hanging on the wall unused. I like the way the PT pulls on my 157cs, but it was really loud. Not as bad as some Xoar's I heard. But then again, I don't have to worry about db levels any longer. :woohoo-dancing-bana

Zzaro

30cc
Sorry to hear about the plane...sucks for sure! I have no complaints about DLE myself. I have 4 of them and the one I have had the longest is still going strong after 4 years...definitely need to get her back in the air!

I have been a xoar prop user for years but I have had a R/C buddy suggest I try falcon so I am contemplating on given them a try.