• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pilot RC 42% Edge 540.

Zzaro

30cc
Thanks guys for all the info. I really appreciate it! Yakken- I have looked into savox before and will again, although it will be hard to leave hitec it's all I've ever used...lol. Bemeson- I will see which savox servos that will be equivalent in voltage and torque and get back to you.

Hazmat1

30cc
Ive had so many Hitec servos, but also decided to switch. You will be glad you did. The Savox is a much better servo and the stated numbers are very close to actual output.

I got so tired of my hitec jitters.

Does anyone have any good ideas for graphics? Ive looked at B&E who does all of mine, but want to change up the appearance some. Just need some good ideas for the 21 scheme. Will let B&E make them for me.

Thanks,

Jerod

Just have Eric dig into his brain and come up with something. Thats what he did with my D300. Even if it is just an idea, he can make it happen.

Bemeson

50cc
kbaerg;14287 wrote: ^^^^^^ This guy has awesome prices and knows his stuff. I bought all my savox servos for my 42% Extra from Brian. Really liked the servos and will be getting more once I get my plan put together for next year.

Thanks for the vote of confidence.....It was really nice meeting you at the Huckfest.

Brian

Alpha20

50cc
The new brushless Hitec-servos also has 25 tooth spline, and can be recommended. Never tried Savox but all i hear is good about them. Two 7955 in my Edge in a SWB tray.

14523=8123-Iphonebilder 407.jpg
14523=8123-Iphonebilder 407.jpg

Zzaro

30cc
Well I got to look at some savox servos up close today and I think I am going to give them a try. I guess it was easier than I thought leaving hitec...lol.

Here some pics of this beauty!!!

14911=8364-edge 1.jpg
14911=8364-edge 1.jpg
14911=8365-edge 3.jpg
14911=8365-edge 3.jpg
14911=8366-edge 4.jpg
14911=8366-edge 4.jpg
14911=8367-edgw 2.jpg
14911=8367-edgw 2.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Zzaro;14911 wrote: Well I got to look at some savox servos up close today and I think I am going to give them a try. I guess it was easier than I thought leaving hitec...lol.

Here some pics of this beauty!!!

Awesome plane....congrats. Regarding your servo decision. And this is just "my" humble opinion. I am doing a build on a H-9 42% Sukhoi. I like you, have been very reluctant to leave Hitec. I have had awesome results over the years with not one failure. I looked very seriously at the Savox for this build. (And in fact was getting ready to pull the trigger on 10 of them) I ultimately decided to go with all 7950's. Here is my reasoning. Both the 7950 and the like Savox, (SV-1270TG) have tremendous grunt. Both have lightning fast transit time. Both are about the same price. After talking to Billy, Tony and Mike at Hitec, I had been absolutely assured the new 7950's have the new software update and will "NOT" jitter. Ultimate deciding factor? I did not want to shim or whittle away at my servo bays. The 7950's are a perfect fit. I have six of the ten installed now on the elevators and rudder of the new Sukhoi. All I can say is, "WOW". Whisper quiet, no idle hum....perfect centering. When I set up my SD 260 with 7954's, I was fairly pleased. However it took me 3 hours to get everything tuned in. With the 7950's, 45 minutes total. And that was including mounting the servos, lock tightening everything and setup. If you've gone the Savox way, You "WON'T" be disappointed. I am just too anal about shimming and whittling away. Good luck...keep us posted on your build and maiden.