• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pilot RC 122" Extra 330SC

Joe Hunt

150cc
Well, until I can get some video, I thought I would list off the parts on the plane:

* Pilot RC 122" Extra 330 SC ARF
* DA 170 on RE3 Pipes (DA pipe mounts)
* Hitec 9380 Brushless servos (thanks to ZDZ Joe... not sure I'm suppose to mention where I got them :O ) These servos are crazy good in so many ways, I'm so glad Joe got them to me or else I wouldn't know what I had been missing.) I'm looking forward to Hitec getting them back in stock! I don't want to have to run anything else!
* H9 2" Servo Arms
* Associated blue titanium push rods
* DUBRO blue ball links
* Smart-Fly PowerExpander Competition 12 Plus
* Smart-Fly Failsafe Pin Switch
* Futaba 6014 Receiver
* Tech-Aero Ultra IBEC
* PSP Manufacturing Fuel Tank
* Fromeco 5200mah Batteries
* DUBRO TL tires
* Nord Locks on the headers and prop bolts
* Assorted MicroFasteners.com nuts, bolts, and Zap glues
* 160lbs test non coated stainless steel pull/pull cables
* homemade tensioners out of DUBRO ball links
* stock tailwheel with DUBRO tire
* home made 1/2" offset rudder servo arm (these should be included with the ARF, imo)
* stock fuel dot (I was too lazy to use the AW one that I bought specifically for this plane, haha, and the stock fuel dot is actually pretty easy to get in and out)
* no spinner mounted at the moment, may try the stock one and/or get an anodized TruTurn.

Spats

100cc
Joe....

1. How high will it go?
2. Does it take batteries?
3. Is it expensive?
4. Can I get one at Target?
5. Can I fly it?[/QUO

:LOL_gif: As soon as they walk up I know the questions so I just say "As high and as far I can see it. As fast as I want and yes I do crash them" and no I don't want to fly real planes.:lol2: The last one cracks me up, do they not consider this a real plane that does fly:laughing:

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
:LOL_gif: As soon as they walk up I know the questions so I just say "As high and as far I can see it. As fast as I want and yes I do crash them" and no I don't want to fly real planes.:lol2: The last one cracks me up, do they not consider this a real plane that does fly:laughing:
A friend of mine and I used to do that to each other ever time we saw each other at the field. "Hey mister how fast is that thing? How far will it go? I Bet that's expensive? My uncle used to fly one just like that!

Joe Hunt

150cc
I was using this LiFe pack in my radio while I was doing plane setup. At a certain point the radio told me the battery voltage was at the warning level. I pulled it out and charged it as you can see. Is that normal for LiFe packs to still be going until their full rated mah?

20151116_004758.jpg

Joe Hunt

150cc
I went out to the field around 3pm today to get some gas through the new engine. Seems already broken in, though, as it is ripping the Falcon 31-12 prop. I didn't plan on video just yet, and I was out there alone, but Butch showed up and got some video from the cell phone.