• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pilot 35% Yak teardown/ replacement

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Needed to adjust elevator servo arms recently and tried to reach the OEM Phillips head screws via long screwdriver. Not. Stripped soft screw deep in the elevator. Ordered a mini ease out kit and a mini adjustable drill chuck and went to work.

Why I had Philips head screws in there I don't know....... Hard to see but there's an ugly Philips head screw in there.

20190729_185150.jpg

20190729_185218.jpg

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey David,

Your new Pilot Yak is coming right along. . . . . .:big_yes:. If you keep it up, you'll be flying yours before I'll be flying mine. . . . . :yesss:. What size prop do you use on your 106TS? I'm thinking about a 28x10 on my 110CS because I have witnessed how badly this engine will rip a 27x10 Mejhlick.

Thanks Buddy. . . :way_to_go:.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey David,

Your new Pilot Yak is coming right along. . . . . .:big_yes:. If you keep it up, you'll be flying yours before I'll be flying mine. . . . . :yesss:. What size prop do you use on your 106TS? I'm thinking about a 28x10 on my 110CS because I have witnessed how badly this engine will rip a 27x10 Mejhlick.

Thanks Buddy. . . :way_to_go:.

I believe I use a falcon 28x10 prop.