• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pilot 35% Yak teardown/ replacement

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Fired up the Yak today, I just let out idle for a while. Rpms started dropping and while I was making notes it appeared it was overheating. I shut the 3W down and will call/ email Gerhard tomorrow. Maybe I'll bug stang flyer.......

20200503_160119.jpg

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
There is none currently. My prior Yak (powered by same engine) was cooled by louvers around the cowling.

TonyHallo

150cc
In post 31 the cowl opening looks different from the post 52. Post 52 looks like there is an additional lip, why is that? When I look at post 52, there no much prop wash in the opening with the spinner and the lip I am referring to. Can see why it might over heat without forward motion.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Same cowl. I see the 'additional lip ' in post 52. Must be due to the prop spinning as there is no lip. I'm going to add the aluminum louvers before i fire it up again.