• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Performance Aircraft Unlimited 300SP

Dan767

70cc twin V2
David,

My Extra fits into my 2005 Ford Explorer with no problem. Stabs off, rudder between the two front seats.

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
Awesome plane Stangflier, :fist_pump: Unfortunately, I think that one is too big to fit in the back of my Durango. I think your build thread just made up my mind for me. If my Buddy decides not to sell me his H9 260, I'm going to call Herve and order the 30% Extra.

Where did you find those servo extension wraps? I really like the way they clean up the wiring in the fuse.

Thanks,
David

I fly with a guy who drives a durango and he is able to fit a 126" AJ slick in there by taking the nose cone and rudder off. A 100CC plane should fit pretty easy compared to that with the stabs off and the tail resting on the center consol. Heck, he even crammed a BH 50% Edge in there....he did however buy a trailer shortly after getting the 50%er.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Thanks for the info fella's. I'll look into it a little more closely before I decide on which size to get, but I'm pretty sure the size limiting factor is going to be my wallet and my nerves........:LOL_gif:

David

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Awesome plane Stangflier, :fist_pump: Unfortunately, I think that one is too big to fit in the back of my Durango. I think your build thread just made up my mind for me. If my Buddy decides not to sell me his H9 260, I'm going to call Herve and order the 30% Extra.

Where did you find those servo extension wraps? I really like the way they clean up the wiring in the fuse.

Thanks,
David
Thanks David.... What size is the H-9 260? I love 260's. The wire wrap is braided mesh. I picked mine up from Chad at TDRC (@Taildraggerrc). But there are a lot of places that carry it. It comes in different sizes and different colors as well. Makes it easy to keep things really uniform with your covering scheme.:way_to_go:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Thanks for the info fella's. I'll look into it a little more closely before I decide on which size to get, but I'm pretty sure the size limiting factor is going to be my wallet and my nerves........:LOL_gif:

David
Ah heck....just "DOOO IT"!!! If the plane is too big for the car? Get a bigger car right? LOL
No work on the 300SP today. Trying to get the final touches done on my friends new civilian rocket. Maybe a little flying tomorrow, but then back at it on the Extra.

Last edited:

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Ah heck....just "DOOO IT"!!! If the plane is too big for the car? Get a bigger car right? LOL
No work on the 300SP today. Trying to get the final touches done on my friends new civilian rocket. Maybe a little flying tomorrow, but then back at it on the Extra.
Hey Stangflyer,

My Buddy's 260 is the old H9 25% (the blue and white one). It has a DA-50 in it which is STUPID power for that plane. Just the way I like them.......LOL. A bigger vehicle is out of the question, but a 12 foot trailer may not be......:way_to_go:

Thanks for the info on the servo lead wraps. I'll look into it when I need to get my next plane ready.

David

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Hey Stangflyer,

My Buddy's 260 is the old H9 25% (the blue and white one). It has a DA-50 in it which is STUPID power for that plane. Just the way I like them.......LOL. A bigger vehicle is out of the question, but a 12 foot trailer may not be......:way_to_go:

Thanks for the info on the servo lead wraps. I'll look into it when I need to get my next plane ready.

David
You bet... no problem. Love the wire wraps. Really keeps things neat and clean. I was curious about the H-9 because I was kind of assuming it would be the smaller one. I just sold mine to a friend. I had a DLE 55 on mine. I hated it....I just couldn't get used to hovering at idle. Seriously though...it was insane. Love the bigger stuff though. Get the trailer....it has automatic r/c airplane fill already designed right into it. :laughing:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Not really much accomplished today. Too many other things needing attention. I did get the motor mounted tonight though. Just basically set. Will need to do some modifications as the hub extends too far out the front of the cowl by 1/2". Probably just remove the stand offs and mount it flat as they suggest for the DA and all will be good.

Planning to really get after it tomorrow. "UNLESS"....the fog lifts and the sun shines some heat on the asphalt. In which case, I won't be found. Other than at the field tossing a Pilot Edge across the sky.:banana-dance: 111.1.jpg 111.2.jpg 111.3.jpg