• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Peak Models 32% Extra 330 SC

:ghost:Not only was the old receiver faulty but the older 6014FS receivers where known by Futaba to have lower signal voltage than "standard". It was mainly because of the new generation chipset at that time the 6014FS was fitted with. I posted in @Bunky.F.Knuckle servo thread about the same thing you explained but because of receiver issue. The 6014HS that's in it now is fine. Measured 4 volts on all signal channels. Servo's work great.
On the first gen 6014s, I wonder if the signal booster from Hitec wouldnt work in that situation???? Of course, I havent kept up with that stuff...

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
The 330SC now sports some cool inlet foam and some purpose oriented (CG) dead weight. Plane weighs 18.5 pounds at take off now. Not bad for as big as this plane is. DA 70 won't even notice it. Got all five H50B servos dialed in and the R6014HS receiver set on 7ms High Speed! You can actually see a difference in the speed the elevator halves travel from the "normal" 14ms mode.

20160525_165628.jpg
20160602_183550.jpg
20160602_183611.jpg

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey Buddy,

Pardon the dumb question, but are you missing a bolt for your landing gear? I'm looking at the second picture in the post above this one and it looks like a bolt is missing on the right side of the fuel tank. Not questioning your assembly skills, just curious. . . . . :confused??:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Hey Buddy,

Pardon the dumb question, but are you missing a bolt for your landing gear? I'm looking at the second picture in the post above this one and it looks like a bolt is missing on the right side of the fuel tank. Not questioning your assembly skills, just curious. . . . . :confused??:

Hey David....All 4 LG bolts are inserted through the bottom of the LG so you can't see them in that picture. What you do see is......Two black hex cap 4mm bolts that hold the muffler straps in place, 1/4-20 lock nut that holds a small axle shaft for the remote choke lever and a small 3x2x3/4" grey plastic box that holds lead weights. It to has two 4mm black hex cap bolts holding it in. This is all inside the motor box along with the ignition module and regulated cut off switch;).