• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Peak Models 32% Extra 330 SC

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Just think of it Kelly. Though you've had to make some revisions and updates, once done you'll know she ain't gonna fall apart in the sky. That's a good thing. I am however holding my breath she doesn't get a taste of the starting table blues such as a certain Pilot Edge that shall remain nameless. Ooops, I mentioned it didn't I?

:lol2:

LoL.....Funny thing you mention that because every "wise guy" at the field mentions it too when I am first setting up my plane for the day :laughing:.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Almost there! The new bores lined up the rudder way better than the factory ones. This could be a part of what caused the right thrust issue. I did not add the additional hinges. Four Robarts is plenty. These Robart hinges are much better quality. Just got to get a couple more servos swapped out for some "kick ass" H50B's and fix my choke lever. Saturday is looking really good to check the new servos out :).

20160506_133948.jpg
20160506_133916.jpg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Got 3 short flights on it and it is TAIL HEAVY. <that's not yelling.....It's heavier letters> Mr. Rocket scientist forgot to take in to account the heavier servos. But all is well. Because I had this when I got home.....
20160507_175946.jpg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Got the shop full. A "tweek needed here an overhaul there". Some assembly here box opening there.

Going to seal the rudder hinge line and repair the tail wheel. Think I am going to double the tank size to aid in the cg issue (tail heavy) . Battery is already as far forward in the pipe tunnel as can be. Smoke system crossed my mind to but the mess reminded me not to do it.

20160510_181541.jpg