• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

PAU Sukhoi

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
I bought Vought O.S. 2 U plans online so I could build a Kingfisher version of the plane my grandfathers brother inlaw flew in ww2. A guy from my club said he could laser cut the kit for me but needed me to get them scanned at Kinkos so he could get them put into his cad setup. I found out from other people that he would then cut many other kits from the plans that people submitted to him and would sell them online, thus screwing the fella that put in all the time and testing into designing and drawing up the plans. It would be easy for someone to copy or even reverse engineer pau's designs. It would be a little tougher to destroy an already glued together airframe and copy it. Just a guess.

Just curious if you were going to try a 3 blade from biela. They have white ones with red tips. I ran one on my cessna aerobat and my brother runs one on his 1/3 scale cub.

Yes, but a 3-blade prop and a new spinner is $180; then I still need two sets of prop decals. I'm trying to get this thing in the air and might need 4 new servo's first. I am following the manufacture's recommendations but I seem to be doubting them right now. I also would like to get the engine broke-in and tuned after I finish the graphics and I am not looking forward to tuning.

A three-bladed prop will add to the scale illusion so at some point I see it.

I bought Vought O.S. 2 U plans online so I could build a Kingfisher version of the plane my grandfathers brother inlaw flew in ww2. A guy from my club said he could laser cut the kit for me but needed me to get them scanned at Kinkos so he could get them put into his cad setup. I found out from other people that he would then cut many other kits from the plans that people submitted to him and would sell them online, thus screwing the fella that put in all the time and testing into designing and drawing up the plans. It would be easy for someone to copy or even reverse engineer pau's designs. It would be a little tougher to destroy an already glued together airframe and copy it. Just a guess.

Dang, scanners, computers and CAD cutters make it to easy. I think I read that PAU doesn't like to sell cowls and canopy's for this reason. I am not skilled enough to duplicate a canopy or cowl. Builder's just can't win

Astrohog

70cc twin V2
Dang, scanners, computers and CAD cutters make it to easy. I think I read that PAU doesn't like to sell cowls and canopy's for this reason. I am not skilled enough to duplicate a canopy or cowl. Builder's just can't win
There's your niche! Must be a fortune just waiting to be made out there! I'd be down for one of your kits as it seems you pay incredible attention to detail!

Your Sukhoi looks GREAT!!

Astro

D
There's your niche! Must be a fortune just waiting to be made out there! I'd be down for one of your kits as it seems you pay incredible attention to detail!

Your Sukhoi looks GREAT!!

Astro

Testing paper graphics while I try to find someone to make the graphics :eek:(. I taught myself how to use Adobe Illustrator last night and off to a local sign company shortly. DecalDennis is highly recommended but I can't any response in a couple of weeks :eek:(. Yesterday I went to some local company's, who I called first, then got told, "too small" when I got there. A whole day and night lost on graphics. These paper graphics and then three more logos and it is done, done.

Notice the landing gear graphic? They are supposed to be for the side stripe but somebody got them really wrong so I stuck them elsewhere - I think they kinda look okay there. I am looking for some small black tubing to run down the landing gear to simulate brake lines.

I am building a One Design now, plan on a Carl Goldberg Sukhoi next then it's time to build a EMHW Ultimate - Ultimate's are my favorite!!

View attachment 45919

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
If your a builder, why don't you try to make a cowl and canopy? It's not that scary, and not very hard.....I did it. If you're only going to make one or two cowls it does not even need to be that fancy. This one was built for production cowls so it's a little thicker. Then you can add all the details you want to it.

Attachments

• image002 (10).jpg
    image002 (10).jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 362
  • image001 (11).jpg
    image001 (11).jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 380
  • thumb-image018.jpg
    thumb-image018.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 354
  • thumb-image007.jpg
    thumb-image007.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 353
  • image010 (2).jpg
    image010 (2).jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 367
  • image001 (10).jpg
    image001 (10).jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 351
  • image005 (2).jpg
    image005 (2).jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 368
  • image013 (4).jpg
    image013 (4).jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 368
  • image003 (7).jpg
    image003 (7).jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 392
  • image002 (9).jpg
    image002 (9).jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 373
  • image007.jpg
    image007.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 361

BalsaDust

D

Testing paper graphics while I try to find someone to make the graphics :eek:(. I taught myself how to use Adobe Illustrator last night and off to a local sign company shortly. DecalDennis is highly recommended but I can't any response in a couple of weeks :eek:(. Yesterday I went to some local company's, who I called first, then got told, "too small" when I got there. A whole day and night lost on graphics. These paper graphics and then three more logos and it is done, done.

Notice the landing gear graphic? They are supposed to be for the side stripe but somebody got them really wrong so I stuck them elsewhere - I think they kinda look okay there. I am looking for some small black tubing to run down the landing gear to simulate brake lines.

I am building a One Design now, plan on a Carl Goldberg Sukhoi next then it's time to build a EMHW Ultimate - Ultimate's are my favorite!!

View attachment 45919

Gotta hit him up with a @Decal Dennis. I test with him most days and I promise he doenst ignore people.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey @Bill Burkert

I'll have to agree with what @cbarnes0061 says. Dennis is working some long hours before he has to get his foot worked on later this month. Trust me, he's worth another shot. I just got some graphics from him for my Laser and they are INCREDIBLE. . . . . :yesss: