• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

PAU Sukhoi

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
IMHO, They won't sell parts because they want people to buy replacement planes when they crash them and not just parts. It's more profit for them that way.

See you in the morning, Bill. I'm so excited right now, I cannot stand it . . . . . LOL.

My apologies for going a little off topic.

I'd buy 2 if they were kits and I got to build them. I would be sure everything is well glued and sanded nicely. I know building is not for everyone but currently they are mostly for no one. It's crazy to have to cut cowls after they're painted, extend pushrod exits so pull-pull wires don't rub on the fuselage sides and trim landing gear slots so they fit. I believe kits will never be a thing along side ARF's because the ARF sales would decline. Manufacturer's are in control when they're the only choice.

I wish there were more modern CNC'd or laser cut kits and think more people would try because it isn't stick building anymore.
@Terryscustom designed and FiberTech sells a 100 cc Viper kit.

BJ Swope

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
The Viper is a very clean looking airplane but is it a scale airplane? Who makes a modern CNC/Laser cut Sukhoi, Utimate, Pitts, Citabria, Cub. Any with built up wings? The PAU ARF's as a kit would be right up my alley.

The viper is an MXS with Edge 540 stabs. The PAU version is correct to scale and is WAAAYYYY under the 10% rule for IMAC for an MXS:way_to_go: I'd love to see Gabby fly one as an MXS at the XFC next year, but the Edge seems to be working for him.

The kit Viper is a fair bit smaller and completely different structural design from the PAU ARF.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
what were you going for when adding Edge stabs to the MXS? just curious, thanks!

It started out as sort of an experiment and just kinda stayed that way. When doing tumbles with the planes I have designed with the MXS stabs they sometimes were hyper sensitive for precision flight, they also slowed the plane down a little in tumbles, crank shafts, etc. The Edge elevator shape just seemed to work better for a broader range of flight envelope during testing so we kept it.

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
Kits have kind of fallen out of favor for the majority of us that are lazy like me. Especially guys that like to beat the snot out of our planes learning 3d. I would much rather buy a new fuse that is already covered better than I could ever hope to accomplish after I wreck it. I think pau could offer a pre cut kit but would not make much money off of them, there just isn't enough demand to justify the investment.

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
Just curious if you were going to try a 3 blade from biela. They have white ones with red tips. I ran one on my cessna aerobat and my brother runs one on his 1/3 scale cub.

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
A pre-cut from PAU would cost them nothing since these kits are getting cut regardless, just would like to see it as an option.
Probably because someone would copy it and start cutting them and selling them online like someone I know does here locally. They take other peoples plans, get them scaled up at Kinkos, cad the plans and re-sell them with the cut kit.