• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

PAU Owners Thread

Torquerolljoe

Wannabe Pilot!!
I almost purchased some of those. Now I am wondering if it was a good thing I didn't??????
I have used them on another plane with good results, so I decided to use them on this plane. I may add another thin rubber washer as I think the existing rubber washer is too thin and compresses to the point that the aluminum nut bottoms against the fuselage.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Boy had a wonderful day today. I spent the afternoon with Herve at his flying field. I am in Orlando this week and he was kind enough to spend some time with me. I see why you guys speak so highly of him. Was very impressed with the single seat 120 Edge. Now I have something to look forward to. Anyone want to buy a 83" Extreme Flight MXS so I can get it sooner [emoji2] the DA 120 was a beast on it and I do see the vibrations people talk about.

Last edited:
Made pretty good progress in the shop last night on the big Extra, installed and set up throttle and choke servos, also installed ignition modules and the Jeti temp sensors for each cylinder. I think I will have to make a small shield to go around the ignition module that is on the bottom of the motor box to keep blow by from carbs off the module. I would really have loved to be able to put ignition modules inside the fuse, but there was no way to accomplish this on the front cylinder module as the spark wires are not long enough.

All that is left in the engine compartment is running fuel lines and then cowl can be buttoned up. Happy to be finally done with the engine area...

I also really have to figure out some how to clean up the temp sensor wiring...it looks like a mess compared to the the rest. (and it is really testing my OCD about wiring! LOL)

Next effort will be mounting the Push/ Pull Tail servos. The factory servo cut outs are a little too far forward for my liking and would require around 180mm pushrods. So think I will be cutting and making new tail servo cut outs to get the push rods 60 or 70mm each. Also thinking about a way of powering the 6 servos in the Tail via a dedicated battery. Don't like the 5 foot of servo lead for each servo having to run up to the Jeti Central Box. I would like to just have two runs just carrying the signal wire. Will contemplate this more as I would like the entire system to power on with the transmitter like my other planes running the Jeti Central Box 200.

Probably not going to get much done until next week as we (Helidirect) will be at eFest in Champaign, IL this weekend. If you are attending eFest, please stop by and say hello to us at the HeliDirect booth!

576542974d42446fb81ec8adb7d580de_zps1f249793.jpg

cc06f3f541444f2993368d81e75ce3b3_zpsdbf38323.jpg

78861a80eccbec33e740933783446b6d_zpsac27394f.jpg
de50ffeab4bc28222886eda57e659ccc_zps0e7fcb77.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Made pretty good progress in the shop last night on the big Extra, installed and set up throttle and choke servos, also installed ignition modules and the Jeti temp sensors for each cylinder. I think I will have to make a small shield to go around the ignition module that is on the bottom of the motor box to keep blow by from carbs off the module. I would really have loved to be able to put ignition modules inside the fuse, but there was no way to accomplish this on the front cylinder module as the spark wires are not long enough.

All that is left in the engine compartment is running fuel lines and then cowl can be buttoned up. Happy to be finally done with the engine area...

I also really have to figure out some how to clean up the temp sensor wiring...it looks like a mess compared to the the rest. (and it is really testing my OCD about wiring! LOL)

Next effort will be mounting the Push/ Pull Tail servos. The factory servo cut outs are a little too far forward for my liking and would require around 180mm pushrods. So think I will be cutting and making new tail servo cut outs to get the push rods 60 or 70mm each. Also thinking about a way of powering the 6 servos in the Tail via a dedicated battery. Don't like the 5 foot of servo lead for each servo having to run up to the Jeti Central Box. I would like to just have two runs just carrying the signal wire. Will contemplate this more as I would like the entire system to power on with the transmitter like my other planes running the Jeti Central Box 200.

Probably not going to get much done until next week as we (Helidirect) will be at eFest in Champaign, IL this weekend. If you are attending eFest, please stop by and say hello to us at the HeliDirect booth!

576542974d42446fb81ec8adb7d580de_zps1f249793.jpg

cc06f3f541444f2993368d81e75ce3b3_zpsdbf38323.jpg

78861a80eccbec33e740933783446b6d_zpsac27394f.jpg
de50ffeab4bc28222886eda57e659ccc_zps0e7fcb77.jpg
Really-really nice!!!:way_to_go: