• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

PAU 50cc Su-26

Dan767

70cc twin V2
Thanks Dan. Why is the older S9402 the one you would change? It has metal gears. Does it draw too much power? Too slow? I am using 2 Fromeco Relion 2600's with a Wolverine switch and a Sahara Regualtor set at 6vdc.

i have no problem changing it as I would hate to have a problem with my new plane, educate an old RC'er. Thank-you.

My concern was whether you would be using less than 6 volts. It'll be fine, with the setup you've chosen. 6 volts gives you 139 in oz. of torque on the elevators and ailerons and that's just fine. You'll enjoy the plane, no doubt.

My concern was whether you would be using less than 6 volts. It'll be fine, with the setup you've chosen. 6 volts gives you 139 in oz. of torque on the elevators and ailerons and that's just fine. You'll enjoy the plane, no doubt.
Thank-you. I did some reading and saw the difference might have been analog vs digital and the number of pulses but it is just for throttle. It might be old but it NIB. I think I am good to go.

BalsaDust

I just wouldn't try in high energy stuff with them as you will prolly get blowback. I will be running 300 oz in servos all around on mine.

I just wouldn't try in high energy stuff with them as you will prolly get blowback. I will be running 300 oz in servos all around on mine.
Thank-you. I think I should start saving for some new servos. I would hate to have an issue with such an investment. You you recommend savox?

BalsaDust

Never used savox but I have heard good things about them. I'm actually building a plane for a guy who is giving me servos as payment XQ Power 4020 from redwing RC. Him and his dad have been running them for a couple years now with only one failure out of about 30 servos and that was a crash induced failure.