• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

PAU 50cc Su-26

Smitty

50cc
I am thinking about buying the Su-26, I was wondering if anyone has had this plane and how it flies compared to a Yak or Extra. I don't do hardcore 3D because of not being able to yet, but do a lot of aerobatics, Knife edge,blenders and poptops. Really would like some input, I love the look of the Su-26 but also like the way Yaks fly.---Smitty

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I had the pleasure of flying a sukhoi for most of a year before we gave it away at a huckfest. I think it was amazing for scale aerobatics and actually was fun for IMAC type flying. It looks short when you look at it, but it actually flies and tracks wonderfully. Like most round cowl planes it rolls like it has an axle on the engine shaft going to the tail. Blenders and pop-tops are nice because of the size, and it does do great KE. Being a scale plane with a lower wing it does have a fair amount of coupling, but if you do the required rudder to aileron and rudder to elevator mixing in your transmitter (KE mixing) it becomes a whole new animal.

Smitty

50cc
Terry, thank you for your reply and insight as to the flying characteristics of the Sukohi.--Smitty

sweetpea

100cc
538640676_fhGLd-L.jpg
538640782_LanvY-L.jpg

Forgot I had a video of me flying it:

Terry,

I have nearly finished my PAU Sukhoi that I plan on using it to get started in IMAA for the first time and would like to know if you think my servo's are going to be sufficient. For the throttle I have Futaba S9402 - 110 oz-in., rudder is Futaba S9156 - 340 oz-in., and for elevators and ailerons I am using S3071 - 132 oz-in. These are right within the specs and I don't intent to do any high speed maneuvers or 3D stuff but I am concerned.

Dan767

70cc twin V2
Terry,

I have nearly finished my PAU Sukhoi that I plan on using it to get started in IMAA for the first time and would like to know if you think my servo's are going to be sufficient. For the throttle I have Futaba S9402 - 110 oz-in., rudder is Futaba S9156 - 340 oz-in., and for elevators and ailerons I am using S3071 - 132 oz-in. These are right within the specs and I don't intent to do any high speed maneuvers or 3D stuff but I am concerned.
The S9402 is an older servo, it's the only one that I would think of changing. If you said what batteries you're using I missed it. If you use a 6v. setup you should be fine.

Dan

The S9402 is an older servo, it's the only one that I would think of changing. If you said what batteries you're using I missed it. If you use a 6v. setup you should be fine.

Dan
Thanks Dan. Why is the older S9402 the one you would change? It has metal gears. Does it draw too much power? Too slow? I am using 2 Fromeco Relion 2600's with a Wolverine switch and a Sahara Regualtor set at 6vdc.

i have no problem changing it as I would hate to have a problem with my new plane, educate an old RC'er. Thank-you.