• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Ordered my Su-26

rmyers

70cc twin V2
Monokote Missile Red really? Oh well it's done. Time to put the cowl back on and shop for a prop. Then I'll put it back in the Vanessa and see where the cg moved to with that extra wood.

DSCN1252.JPG DSCN1253.JPGDSCN1254.JPG

Islandflyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
i'm sorry i didn't see this earlier but i think PAU usually uses Ultracote
The Sukhoi and the old Ultimate are the only planes where the factory used Monokote.
I will inquire with them to make sure they have not changed any of it without my instructions.

rmyers

70cc twin V2
The Sukhoi and the old Ultimate are the only planes where the factory used Monokote.
I will inquire with them to make sure they have not changed any of it without my instructions.

To be honest the covering on the airframe acted a lot like Ultracote to me. That's why I confirmed with Herve before ordering covering. It sure doesn't match does it? Oh, and the assembly manual says Ultracote. Professionals utilizing premium Ultracote covering carefully covered your model. and Ultracote is a lower temperature film that seals and shrinks at lower temperatures.But hey its on the bottom and it's not pink!

Last edited:

rmyers

70cc twin V2
Just for clarification I'm not complaining. Just putting this out for clarification. The airplane don't know what color it is and will still fly well.

rmyers

70cc twin V2
Ok it's done. Checked the CG it didn't move. Turns out the repaired area is almost right under the wing tube. Weighs 18 pounds. As soon as the weather and my schedule permit it's going out flying again.

DSCN1256.JPG DSCN1257.JPG

rmyers

70cc twin V2
I knew it wasn't the artificial lighting in my shop! I'll dig through my stash and see if I might have some. Thanks Herve!