• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Official IMAC 2017 Knowns

tl3

50cc
And just when I was getting familiar with the 2016 sequence, they go and change it. LOL. Mark...or anyone really...., can some one explain to me what maneuver #10 on the basic is? Or is there someplace on the IMAC site that describes all this? I am sorry for sounding so impossibly ignorant. This is still all pretty new to me and just want to learn.

There will be a graphical presentation of the 2017 Basic sequence and the primary judging criteria posted soon on the IMAC site. It is in the final editing stages now; once it's complete and up I'll put a link here.

Buddy5303

70cc twin V2
Can someone tell me what a 360* acrobatic turn is? Is this a flat turn using rudder only or like a horizontal loop

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From the rule book:

8.2.1: Turns. In aerobatic competition, a turn is divided into three parts:

1: Establishing the bank using a roll on heading.

2: The turn itself.

3: A roll back to straight and level flight on heading.

Let’s look at the turn during each of these three parts. First, the roll to establish the bank. This must be a roll of between 60 and 90 degrees; it must be performed on the entry heading; and the aircraft must maintain a constant horizontal line. Once the roll is completed and the angle of bank is established, the competitor immediately performs the turn. The turn must maintain the established angle of bank throughout. The aircraft must also maintain horizontal flight. The rate of turn is constant throughout and the maneuver must be wind corrected so that, for instance, a 360-degree turn will be a perfect circle. It should be noted that the wind correction cannot be performed by visibly changing the bank angle.

As soon as the aircraft is on the exit heading, the competitor performs another roll at a rate equal to the entry roll. Again, the aircraft must maintain a constant horizontal line.

Downgrades:

a:
The angle of bank established by the initial rolling maneuver must be at least 60 degrees and not greater than 90 degrees. Any less or more is a 0.5 point deduction for every 5 degrees.

b: The angle of bank, once established, must remain constant. Any deviation is a 0.5 point deduction for every 5 degrees of deviation.

c: The rate of roll must be the same for the entry and exit rolls of this figure. Any deviation is a one (1) point deduction. SCA-22

d: The aircraft must maintain a constant altitude throughout the figure. Any variation would be 0.5 point deduction for every 5 degrees of change.

e: The rate of turn must remain constant. Any change would be not more than a one (1) point deduction for each change. Note that the rate of turn may appear to change in a strong wind, when it really isn’t changing. The judges must always keep the wind in mind and give the pilot the benefit of the doubt if there is any question.

f: The aircraft must begin and end on the prescribed heading. Any deviation is a 0.5 point deduction for every 5 degrees of deviation.

Buddy5303

70cc twin V2
Thanks Tom. Guess I need one of those rule books if I am going to learn and try flying iMac.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tl3

50cc
Thank you Tom. Will get it downloaded and start reading.
Buddy,
Downloading and reading the rulebook is great, but downloading the rulebook, viewing the online judging series, and attending a judging school is even better ;-) And all of those things are easily accomplished:
http://www.mini-iac.org/Event-Details/PID/231 - the National Judging School is being held in Ft Worth 1/28 - 1/29. If that one doesn't work for you, watch the south central contest schedule for others.
http://www.mini-iac.org/Downloads - Click on the "Training Info" tab; at the bottom of this page you can go through the entire video series on judging. There are also some additional helpful resources on the training info page.
Note, there are some rules changes going into effect 1/1, so if you download the rulebook now, be sure to get an updated later, the online series will also be updated to reflect the rules changes in the near future.
t