• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

NEW Twisted Hobbys 39" Crack Yak WOW

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Looks great Barry... probably better than the stock setup. Since you already centered the servos etc. I doubt you will be needing to adjust much of anything in those linkages.

All done! I finished up the build late Friday night, and it was ready to go,for a Saturday maiden. But, wouldn't you know it, the wind was whipping pretty good in Vegas on Saturday (what else is new). So I decided to delay the maiden. Conditions were much better today, although not perfect. The plane did great! Got in a total of 7 flights without any major problems. I did bust a prop after getting disoriented trying to hover, but other than that it was all good. Can't wait to get a little more flight time. This thing is going to be a lot of fun. Here she is after the final flight of maiden day.

image.jpg

gyro

GSN Contributor
All done! I finished up the build late Friday night, and it was ready to go,for a Saturday maiden. But, wouldn't you know it, the wind was whipping pretty good in Vegas on Saturday (what else is new). So I decided to delay the maiden. Conditions were much better today, although not perfect. The plane did great! Got in a total of 7 flights without any major problems. I did bust a prop after getting disoriented trying to hover, but other than that it was all good. Can't wait to get a little more flight time. This thing is going to be a lot of fun. Here she is after the final flight of maiden day.

image.jpg

Congrats! Hovering already? You heli guys.... ;)

Hi
Just finished my Yak build but have one question. The manual from RC Factory says CG at 265 mm from the front. I have a ~50g motor, 22g esc and 9g servos. My build has the CG at approximately 265 mm without battery. They means that I have to set the battery at CG. Looking at pictures do others seem to have their batteries further forward of 265 mm.

Do I use front heavy components or do others have CG further forward than 265mm?

Thanks
Erik

Hopefully the experts will chime in, but in the meantime, I will say that although I haven't measured my CG, it is currently about an inch (maybe slightly more than that) behind the wing spar. My battery has been moved back about an inch from where it is shown in that pic, and so far that seems about right. There are so many variables, I would just say to fly it and see. At about 2/3rds throttle, mine will maintain level inverted flight with just a touch of forward pressure on the elevator stick. Just right for me.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Like Barry said, there are a lot of variables... motor weight, servo weight and placement, escape placement...

Trust your measurement and fly it. Then you can adjust as needed till it feels right.

Great, thanks for the fast response. While I have you listening, what DR/expo do you fly with? Do you use flaps for takeoffs/landing/harriers etc, how much flaps do you use?

Very eager to get it up in the air, only my second air plane after an Sbach EPP plane from hobbyking but at 900 mm wingspan and 600g weight it did not fly at all as I wanted (comparing to aircrafts in Phoenix simulator mostly). So I went for the Yak, 405g and considerably larger win surface should give different experience I hope.

Just realised I glued the wheels to she wheelpants, fix that then I'm ready whenever the weather improves.