• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

NEW Twisted Hobbys 39" Crack Yak WOW

I've had th 39 done for a couple weeks now and have edited a short video. The tube has been hard on us for using music lately, gheeesh... Still tweaking the 39 for perfect CG and performance. A little tail heavy in my video. It's a real fun sized plane and offers a lot of durability which will make it a real "go to" for learning aerobatics. Just noticed that there was a thread so thought to chime on in. Nice job on the build thread here!!!

Last edited:

gyro

GSN Contributor
awesome job so far [MENTION=3014]AKfreak[/MENTION], thanks for posting your progress so we can follow along! Nate is a lucky dog!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Man this baby looks good! Here is a video Brad from TH just sent me as well!

[video=youtube;uihWPTfT-qk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uihWPTfT-qk[/video]

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
[MENTION=3014]AKfreak[/MENTION] is almost done with his build on mine. Can't wait for the build log updates :) it takes a lot if time though so I think he decided to focus efforts on building it for now. Needless to say I am pretty excited :D

3dNater

Just picked this plane from [MENTION=3014]AKfreak[/MENTION]. Man it is nice! Big thank you Tom for your hard work and dedication! This is the best looking foamy I have ever seen and it presents really large. It's too late for a maiden tonight but I hope to try flying it tomorrow.

AKfreak

150cc
Great work and details on the build AKfreak! This is our new favorite model at the moment :cool:

I have a bunch more details to post, I hope when I am done with the build info you can take another peek at this post. I will say this is BY FAR the best EPP foamie I have ever built. The only thing I would change is the way the control rods are done. I much prefer the little aluminum blocks used in the MXS-C build.

Also the manual, the one you use refers to of the 39" edge, and it's a little different than this plane mostly the same but still different ;)p. Also it misses a few of the exact details needed to assemble a few of the little things, things like the landing gear. The build when smoothly for the most part, and the next 39" should be a lot easier.

Now all I need is for someone to send me the foamie. My offer still stands, I will build your Twisted Hobbys model, all you have to do is buy all the parts you need for your build, and buy me the same air frame as compensation. Then you need to pay for shipping to your house ;)

Stay tuned for more build info after I take care of these darn kids. AKf

3dNater

Ok, just a few pics of this finished bird. uploadfromtaptalk1409377416011.jpguploadfromtaptalk1409377431048.jpguploadfromtaptalk1409377438887.jpguploadfromtaptalk1409377446576.jpguploadfromtaptalk1409377454123.jpguploadfromtaptalk1409377470811.jpg

AKfreak

150cc
Hey guys look up and see that Big honkin Deans plug on that beautiful foamie , :facepalm: Just messin with ya Nate!

Also, I added more build info and a final thoughts video int he reserved spots on the previous page. Still more to come on the build. Man this stuff takes a lot of time to document a build.

Here is a quick vid of [MENTION=4]3dNater[/MENTION] picking up his new plane.
[video=youtube_share;K4pKfk6Gh3Q]http://youtu.be/K4pKfk6Gh3Q[/video]

Last edited by a moderator: