• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Trailer

mndless

Don't know a thing..
Well... have started working on the trailer in earnest... since I started this thread earlier, with a few questions, might as well go ahead and post some pictures of the progress. In the trailer idea thread, I had already posted the planned schematic. I will repost that here to keep things together. Today, I installed most of the conduits to make running wires easier. The two center conduits will feed the four outlets that will be located between three small sections of pegboard... see the cabinet rendering below. Have made some progress on the cabinet frames.... not a cabinet guy, so just making this up as I go...

6.jpg

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg cabinets.jpg schematic.jpg

Phil.Griffin

70cc twin V2
You could use white melamine...like MDF particleboard with a really slick, white coating on one side (cheap shelving for closets is made of this). It would be easy to clean/care for and be pretty durable. Alternatively, you. Old fill holes in what you have and paint it with an exterior grade paint and I think it would look pretty good...it'll be cheaper than replacing what you have. It's what I did in my trailer.

What is that material running front to back under each plane, that you've tied them down to?

15286=8752-image.jpg
15286=8752-image.jpg

mndless

Don't know a thing..
Have the majority of the ruff wiring done and major parts of the cabinets... and set the back wall up... wires, outlets and switches will be placed in this back wall... in between sections of pegboard... you can kind of see that in the colored rendering above. The corners will be filled in with a couple of things... that will come shortly. Anybody ever put down Formica?

7.jpg

8.jpg

Last edited:

ericrs

70cc twin V2
I've put quite a bit of Formica down. Any questions just ask, and I'll try to answer them as best I can.