• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
New to fixed wing, not new to flight... Been flying helis for 15yrs.

I currently have a Night Visionaire, AddictionX, and TH Crack Yak

Thanks for the welcome thread!

PS: how do I set the timezone for the forum display? It has me on European time.
[MENTION=4236]TheMark[/MENTION] Sweet and nice planes! I freaking love the Crack Yak. To fix your time settings click on settings in the upper right hand corner, then on the left side of the page you will see general settings... click that. Down the page a bit you will see set time zone. That will get you all set!

3dpilot

New to GSN!
Morning. The name is Smit. Quentin Smit..
Been flying for 5 years - as long as it can do 3D I'll fly it though I do fly everything and anything as I sometimes do maidens for club members.
From the beautiful but deeply troubled country South Africa.
I have profile depron planes through to a 30cc Funtana 140s - a selected few that do the job.
Thanks for the warm welcome and awesome site - I'm always looking to improve my flying and there is an abundance of info here and I love it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Belly3D

New to GSN!
My name is Brendan and I fly in Grafton, NSW, Downunder.

Thanks for the welcome Mike; first time I have received a personal welcome in a forum, cheers. :)

I have also been flying for 5 years, mostly hard 3D, I am currently training to integrate pattern into my skillset so my flying doesn't just look like a random mess of tumbles, spins and hovers. ;)

I fly all electric, some 3D foamies, a collection of smallish slope machines, PA Addiction X, 28" built-up Yak 54 and I am close to pulling the trigger on a 42" AJ Slick and maybe a Crack Yak Mini.

Looking to get into giant-scale gas at some point with maybe a Slick or Edge.

Thank you for this awesome forum!

pchtadow

New to GSN!
2015-03-08 14.21.26.jpg

pchtadow

New to GSN!
Been flying for the past five years. Mostly into 3d flying with 40% all the way down to the micro stuff.
Just like most addicts out there, I do have a couple helis, some RC cars to go along with WAY too many planes.
Thanks for the welcome! Love the site.

kamesh krishnan

New to GSN!
We are basically participating in an UAV competition and it would be applied in the field of surveillance, reconnaissance, autonomy, package drop etc.,

I'm Tom
I'm in Oregon Ohio and fly with at the Weak Signals club.
I stated to fly glow fuel in 2008.
I got a gently used 50cc Aeroworks Edge 2 years ago. This spring a flat spin was carried down a bit too low.
m_DSC_4500.jpg

After the crash I've been flying an Extreme Flight 74" Yak.
It's from 2006 and designed for a 1.60 glow engine. It was new, never unboxed and cheep. I have a DLE 35RA in it.
m_DSCN1952.jpg

Slowly learning 3D maneuvers. I still enjoy 40 and 60 size glow fuel airplanes. I don't have any electric airplanes.

I just got picked up a 73" AJ Laser to assemble this winter.
I'm not sure what I will put in it yet.

Sharpedge

New to GSN!
Hello there, I'm in the UK and do most of my flying in and around Bristol. I come from a heli and gliding background and an trying my hand at flying a beast 60e (badly). I have a 4.7m glider that I need to maiden and a 35cc MXS that I'm in the process of putting together. Had so much wind and rain the last few weeks/months that I am thinking that I should get into rc sail boats! Sunday looks like it might finally be good enough to take the glider up for the first time. Thanks for the friendly welcome.

ASW20.jpgPlane.jpgBeast60e.jpg

Attachments

19.3 KB · Views: 224

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Morning. The name is Smit. Quentin Smit..
Been flying for 5 years - as long as it can do 3D I'll fly it though I do fly everything and anything as I sometimes do maidens for club members.
From the beautiful but deeply troubled country South Africa.
I have profile depron planes through to a 30cc Funtana 140s - a selected few that do the job.
Thanks for the warm welcome and awesome site - I'm always looking to improve my flying and there is an abundance of info here and I love it!

Right on [MENTION=4336]3DPilot[/MENTION]! Great to have you and wow South Africa!!! How cool is that?!?!?

My name is Brendan and I fly in Grafton, NSW, Downunder.

Thanks for the welcome Mike; first time I have received a personal welcome in a forum, cheers. :)

I have also been flying for 5 years, mostly hard 3D, I am currently training to integrate pattern into my skillset so my flying doesn't just look like a random mess of tumbles, spins and hovers. ;)

I fly all electric, some 3D foamies, a collection of smallish slope machines, PA Addiction X, 28" built-up Yak 54 and I am close to pulling the trigger on a 42" AJ Slick and maybe a Crack Yak Mini.

Looking to get into giant-scale gas at some point with maybe a Slick or Edge.

Thank you for this awesome forum!

Nice to have ya [MENTION=4322]Belly3D[/MENTION]! I've been slacking a bit with the welcomes but I try to do it once a month to welcome the new guys! You've got some great planes there and you will find when you make the jump to Giant Scale 1) it's expensive!!!! 2) they fly amazing and much easier than the smaller stuff... 3) ignore number one and just do it! :)

Been flying for the past five years. Mostly into 3d flying with 40% all the way down to the micro stuff.
Just like most addicts out there, I do have a couple helis, some RC cars to go along with WAY too many planes.
Thanks for the welcome! Love the site.

What a great looking 40%'r [MENTION=4315]pchtadow[/MENTION]! Where do you fly? I see PCH in your user name and tough maybe in Cali but just wondering!

I'm Tom
I'm in Oregon Ohio and fly with at the Weak Signals club.
I stated to fly glow fuel in 2008.
I got a gently used 50cc Aeroworks Edge 2 years ago. This spring a flat spin was carried down a bit too low.
View attachment 36774

After the crash I've been flying an Extreme Flight 74" Yak.
It's from 2006 and designed for a 1.60 glow engine. It was new, never unboxed and cheep. I have a DLE 35RA in it.
View attachment 36773

Slowly learning 3D maneuvers. I still enjoy 40 and 60 size glow fuel airplanes. I don't have any electric airplanes.

I just got picked up a 73" AJ Laser to assemble this winter.
I'm not sure what I will put in it yet.
[MENTION=4324]tstrohscher[/MENTION] you will love that AJ Laser! We got one for a review this year and Supatim had a blast with it and even coined a brand new trick called the turbo weasel I think if I remember right. LOL I flew it as well and wow it flys like it's on crack or something. Amazing plane and welcome!

Hello there, I'm in the UK and do most of my flying in and around Bristol. I come from a heli and gliding background and an trying my hand at flying a beast 60e (badly). I have a 4.7m glider that I need to maiden and a 35cc MXS that I'm in the process of putting together. Had so much wind and rain the last few weeks/months that I am thinking that I should get into rc sail boats! Sunday looks like it might finally be good enough to take the glider up for the first time. Thanks for the friendly welcome.

View attachment 36775View attachment 36777View attachment 36778

Hey and welcome [MENTION=4343]Sharpedge[/MENTION]! Nice pics and again I love the Beast! A friend of mine has one and it's just a beauty! He has smoke on his and does some really nice low high speed knife edges and smoke.... ahhhh love it! My brother is big into RC Sailboats and I believe he even purchased a mold to build his own. He races and has been or is the president for his club in Arizona. It's surprisingly a very competitive sport!

Welcome all and thanks for saying hi!!!

Bipenut53

150cc
Welcome [MENTION=4379]cam4569[/MENTION]!! I hope you enjoy our site and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. This site is a friendly site where we share knowledge and tips with each other.