• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Welcome to the site Ben happy to have you man. I started the RC world as a Heli Guy and have worked my way into the fixed wing. Cuz I don't discriminate.
Enjoy your stay and have fun. :) Lots of good people here and lots of good info to share.

dontag

30cc
Hi Mike Thanks for the invite. Hello to all the 3drc members. I live here in New England. The smallest state in the union, Rhode Island. I have been flying since 1989. RC Flying has been in my family since 1945 when my dad started. I had it easy; I always had and instructor. In 1990 I started flying pattern planes. Still have a boxer 120 that I scratch built 20 years ago. Now I fly mostly 3d planes for both 3d and sport flying. At least TRY to fly 3d. I do have a few older builds that I still fly. My favorite is Goldberg 10-300 Bipe. I belong to 2 clubs - Lazy Loopers in Wrentham MA and Rhode Island Quarter scale. Looking forward to interacting and learning more from 3drc.

My hanger consists of too many planes but here are my favorites.

71. AJ. Slick. Electric
65 3dhs. Viper
Miss Wind Bipe
Sebart. 120. Katana S
Extreme flight. 60. extra
Goldberg. Extra with ys140
Goldberg 10-300. Ys120
Goldberg Su 26. With Saito 180
Just started scratch building Mojo 65 DLE 20

Don Tartaglia

Bipenut53

150cc
Welcome to the site [MENTION=4402]dontag[/MENTION]! Wow nice hangar! I too have been flying since I was a kid, in the early 70's with my dad flying control line planes... I have been flying RC for almost as long as you and love to build and fly. I too have too many airplanes lol. We have a very friendly site here and lots of knowledge out there. Don't be afraid to step up and say something. There is a bit of everything here. If you need help or want to know where something is or just chat there is generally someone always on. I live in north central Washington state and lots of people from all over the world. I have had or do have a few of the planes in your fleet. Pictures and videos are always great!
Again Welcome
Dennis

cam4569

70cc twin V2
Hello all

hello everyone this site was suggested to me over several other forums for reasons I wont get into here, however [MENTION=3348]Bipenut[/MENTION] has been a great help and influence for this hobby for me. I have only been really flying for 4 months. A few years ago I attempted a 6 ch RC Heli I bought on ebay with no advice other than you tube. Well that didn't go so well. Fast forward to SEPT 2015 where I meet all the guys flying around Grand Coulee while I was hunting they nearby. The next day Bipenut had me flying his apprentice around (figure 8 slow flying). from there I was hooked. I had my own apprentice and DX18 within a week. While I am not a great pilot I think I have come a long way. Landings are sometimes a bit sketchy still but flying around I am not having to many issues. On the Simulator I can do a few things that I have yet to attempt in person. I am very interested in 3d Flight and that is what I am looking forward to being able to do someday. I jumped in with both feet, and I sure I will forget one or two but my hanger includes the apprentice, a Sig LT25, Contender (well 3.5 of them in various stages of crashed/rebuilt), Edge 540, Edge Profile 20CC, Uproar, twisted hobbies Edge 24" and Yak 24" The black U-can-Do I just rebuilt and recovered, the new U-can-Do SF (still in the box as I type) for helicopters I have the T-rex 250 and 400, Blade 130X, Blade MXCP. I think I am forgetting one or two but I enjoy building them/ rebuilding them after they have been in storage collecting dust (also much cheaper). I cannot fly all of these yet but I am hoping to keep my learning pace up and get to the large profile by this summer. I have included some photos (I hope not to many for the page) 20150910_211636.jpg20151013_121203.jpg20151015_122405.jpg20151113_203611.jpg20151114_122820.jpg20151119_204149.jpg20151201_085122.jpg20151211_173308.jpg20160111_180426.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Bipenut53

150cc
Oh yeah [MENTION=4379]cam4569[/MENTION] you definitely did jump in with both feet!! Or should I say you went head first into the deep end!! Welcome to the site!! Glad you posted your pictures here and there are a bunch of great people here! Some really good information here as well... Guys it really wasn't that hard to get cam4569 hooked.... He is a natural at flying, I had him landing the Apprentice on the second day out and was able to walk away from him shortly after. I keep telling you that you are doing fine!! And you are above where I was at 4 months into the hobby skill wise.... Any way never hesitate to ask questions or for help or to just chime in!!

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
So far the uproar because it is the fastest I have at the moment, the edge and the profile I have yet to fly so I'm guessing that they will take top spot soon

I was expecting you to say Edge. But since you haven't flow it yet, I understand why you didn't pick it. The profile Edge flies completely different than a regular Edge airframe since it has a short tail moment and big thick wing. It is still a hoot to fly and easy to land. Gear is buttery soft so you will probably want to stiffen it.