• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

[MENTION=3805]mdixon87[/MENTION] welcome to the site man... you will find a really laid back atmosphere here at 3drcfourms with plenty of people willing to help.. if ya need anything let us know and welcome to the forum...

mdixon87

New to GSN!
Thank you for the friendly welcome. Like I said, I'm in the U.P. and there doesn't seem to be a lot of activity for 3d flying up here and I need some advice as to what to start with. I have been flying foamies for a few years and some pattern/IMAC with an electric extra and feel that it is time to start going bigger! :) I want to start with something like a 3DHS 41" slick or 48" edge. What do you guys think? Is there a better, or possibly cheaper and equally as good, airframe? I AM GOING TO CRASH IT, and would rather not wreck a thousand dollars in one ooops!

mdixon87

New to GSN!
I do have a Sim and use it regularly. However, I am just assuming I am going to crash the first balsa 3D I buy.... which is probably a safe bet no matter how much sim time :)

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
I do have a Sim and use it regularly. However, I am just assuming I am going to crash the first balsa 3D I buy.... which is probably a safe bet no matter how much sim time :)

You know what? I've never crashed a balsa 3D plane, I've had power failures 4-5 time that resulted in controlled crashes but never crashed do to my own stick screw ups. I get all my crashes out with profile foamies, and 4 years after starting 3D I still crash those.

Can't recommend EPP foamies enough, WAY more useful than a simulator in opinion. You can learn all your stick inputs and most importantly bailouts.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
You know what? I've never crashed a balsa 3D plane, I've had power failures 4-5 time that resulted in controlled crashes but never crashed do to my own stick screw ups. I get all my crashes out with profile foamies, and 4 years after starting 3D I still crash those.

Can't recommend EPP foamies enough, WAY more useful than a simulator in opinion. You can learn all your stick inputs and most importantly bailouts.

Couldn't agree more! I haven't crashed any of my planes either in the 5 years of flying. I lost one to the dirt but the elevator servo arm bound and I couldn't do a thing. I have just been too nervous and the foamies have really helped with that for me! I enjoy the sky wing but I really enjoy the [MENTION=2215]Aerobeez[/MENTION] 48" full fuse epp line as they fly just like a big plane.

I really would like to get a TH CRACK Pitts as they are a freaking blast!

Simon W

New to GSN!
My fave models at the moment are Pilot RC Extra 300 35%, H9 Carden Yak 54, & EF Extra300 58" although none are getting much stick time this time of year.

Winter hacks are HK Hyperbipe, PA Addiction X, plus a selection of Wot 4s in various incarnations.