• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Hey guys we have some new members to introduce! Just want to welcome [MENTION=3779]6172crew[/MENTION] [MENTION=3815]a.munsch[/MENTION] [MENTION=3782]Ace20[/MENTION] [MENTION=3780]allenpmcmichael[/MENTION] [MENTION=3797]BAS[/MENTION] [MENTION=3800]BigChinoDon[/MENTION] [MENTION=3789]Blewis[/MENTION] [MENTION=3795]bradultifunx[/MENTION] [MENTION=3809]chuckf77j[/MENTION] [MENTION=3787]clive45[/MENTION] [MENTION=3811]cstearns[/MENTION] [MENTION=3807]cy3d[/MENTION] [MENTION=3776]Daman691003[/MENTION] [MENTION=3786]dggharley[/MENTION] [MENTION=3803]Dpark[/MENTION] [MENTION=3784]fefe604[/MENTION] [MENTION=3804]Fireyafterburner[/MENTION] [MENTION=3778]Flyin' Junkie[/MENTION] [MENTION=3806]gixster[/MENTION] [MENTION=3813]GranpaFlyer[/MENTION] [MENTION=3812]Grim[/MENTION] [MENTION=3796]Hav2fly[/MENTION] [MENTION=3783]Jcrow[/MENTION] [MENTION=3785]Jk6672[/MENTION] [MENTION=3802]John Hendry[/MENTION] [MENTION=3814]jymz[/MENTION] [MENTION=3777]luistiago[/MENTION] [MENTION=3801]mateuszk[/MENTION] [MENTION=3805]mdixon87[/MENTION] [MENTION=3790]Mike Heinsbergen[/MENTION] [MENTION=3816]Molarfoger[/MENTION] [MENTION=3799]Nutball[/MENTION] [MENTION=3810]ob10527[/MENTION] [MENTION=3791]Oceanway99[/MENTION] [MENTION=3781]Somethin' Extra[/MENTION] [MENTION=3798]speego[/MENTION] [MENTION=3808]superbee[/MENTION] [MENTION=3793]tonyrb[/MENTION] to the forums! You will find the nicest and friendliest guys here at 3drcforums!

Let us know what you fly and where you fly! Pictures of your planes/heli's/quads are always welcome and encouraged!

Somethin' Extra

New to GSN!
The party dont start till i walk in:cool: proudly flying a 3dhs 51 AJ slick, a 100mph+ foamie for AP, and some old balsas. i see a used 3dhs 46 yak and a new 75 extra in my future though!

TEAM HILLBILLY

BigChinoDon

New to GSN!
Thanks for the welcome. I fly with the Chino Valley Model Aviators in Chino Valley, Arizona. I'm a neophyte to 3D flying, training with EPP planes with the intent of moving up in size as skills progress. Other than that, I'll fly anything I can get my hands on.

6172crew

50cc
Thanks for the welcome, I'm working on a 74 inch edge and looking for a the info I can on the Hacker setups. I've been flying planes since 94, got a pilots license in tail wheel birds and a family members owns 12 planes, he used to import the Yaks in the 90s. I always wanted to learn RC so I stepped up a few years ago and haven't looked back. I'm relocated in Los Alamos and we have a few places to fly from. A club member has a gas Edge and I had just finished my buck edge and really want to try the larger bird. I'm collecting all the parts and trying to sell some of the other birds in the fleet to make room.
Semper Fi

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the comment Mike this forum site seems so friendly compared to some of the other sites I have been subscribed to for the past 12 years or so. Not mentioning any names of the sites but when ever I have had a question here I get a honest reply and I really appreciate the fact that the members arent always trying to start a war with someone that is looking for advice or ask a question. Thanks again I am trying to finish up on my Velox 70 3dhobbyshop plane . Got plenty of time since I live in the great state of Iowa . Our flying season usually doesn't get descent until at least April. After I get the Velox done I am going to start finishing up on my Aeroplus 50cc Yak 55. Also I have a bunch of new parts for my 89" slick 3dhobbyshop, new cowl , new canopy and new stabs. Trying figure out what motor to buy to replace a 52 cc Taurus that I have had on it for the past 4 years. But again it comes down to money and keeping this hobby in balance money wise.When I get the funds for motor replacement I am seriously looking at the EME 70 twin I think it will fit in the cowl of the slick but it will be awhile before I have to make a decision.

chuckf77j

New to GSN!
Thank you for the intro I fly at surband aeroclub Chicago ill
the planes well I fly everything 2 pilot 37.5 yaks aeroworks extra 300 with zdz 80 3 top flight mustangs with DA 50s 2 top flight 50 cc corsairs now indoor at the max with foamies

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
The party dont start till i walk in:cool: proudly flying a 3dhs 51 AJ slick, a 100mph+ foamie for AP, and some old balsas. i see a used 3dhs 46 yak and a new 75 extra in my future though!

TEAM HILLBILLY

HA HA HA!!! Love it. Did you have a Sign Somethin Extra at one time? That was one of my first wild and crazy planes before making the jump into the big stuff!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks for the welcome. I fly with the Chino Valley Model Aviators in Chino Valley, Arizona. I'm a neophyte to 3D flying, training with EPP planes with the intent of moving up in size as skills progress. Other than that, I'll fly anything I can get my hands on.

Chino... Nice! I was born and raised in Arizona! Left about 7 years ago... Just got way to big for me. :) Welcome man and if you have any questions let us know!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks for the comment Mike this forum site seems so friendly compared to some of the other sites I have been subscribed to for the past 12 years or so. Not mentioning any names of the sites but when ever I have had a question here I get a honest reply and I really appreciate the fact that the members arent always trying to start a war with someone that is looking for advice or ask a question. Thanks again I am trying to finish up on my Velox 70 3dhobbyshop plane . Got plenty of time since I live in the great state of Iowa . Our flying season usually doesn't get descent until at least April. After I get the Velox done I am going to start finishing up on my Aeroplus 50cc Yak 55. Also I have a bunch of new parts for my 89" slick 3dhobbyshop, new cowl , new canopy and new stabs. Trying figure out what motor to buy to replace a 52 cc Taurus that I have had on it for the past 4 years. But again it comes down to money and keeping this hobby in balance money wise.When I get the funds for motor replacement I am seriously looking at the EME 70 twin I think it will fit in the cowl of the slick but it will be awhile before I have to make a decision.

BAS - Thanks so much for the great feedback! We work hard to make this a fun and enjoyable experience for all that visit! Looks like you have quite the hangar and probably tons of boxes to go through! Lucky! Feel free to post your progress on the builds of any and all planes you have going!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Thank you for the intro I fly at surband aeroclub Chicago ill
the planes well I fly everything 2 pilot 37.5 yaks aeroworks extra 300 with zdz 80 3 top flight mustangs with DA 50s 2 top flight 50 cc corsairs now indoor at the max with foamies

Welcome Chuck! Two Yak's from pilot in the same size? I take it one is a back up for the eventual Rest In Pieces it will become or do you just like that particular plane? Thanks for joining our community!