• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

Acs_guitars

New to GSN!
Introducing some new members today! Just want to thank you all for joining and making 3drcforums.com your home.... !!! Tell us where you fly and what you fly! Perferably pics if ya gottem!

Also for the new folks this is a great way to pull other members into a conversation! Just simply add the @ sign before a members name and whalla an email is sent to them letting them know they have been mentioned. Just one of the small AWESOME things we have here. :)

Thanks for the welcome... I am mostly a lurker so I won't post much, but I'll be around. I live in Jacksonville, FL and fly in The Bowl at Jax RC. If it has wings, I fly it, but 3D is my preferred style. I am a pro-builder and also work in the RC industry for a few different companies (large and small) wearing many hats mostly behind the scenes. Simply put, I love what I do and I do what I love. At our field I am one of the gurus and a test pilot so I have the pleasure of flying new/different planes all the time. :peace:

A few pics and My personal fleet...

1486563_10202816852604385_1991519038_n.jpgBig Bro.JPGCAM00292.jpgCAM00295.jpgDSC04817.JPG
Currently Flying:
ExtremeFlight 78" Extra 300
AeroPlus 73"Extra 330L
EG Aircraft (OMP) 60" Sbach
AeroWorks GT Trainer
H9 30cc Spitfire
H9 Giantscale Taylorcraft
Redwing 30cc Stinson
and several park fliers

Currently in repair stages
EG Aircraft (RedAero) 60cc Corvus
3DHS 59" Slick

BalsaDust

Hello all I'm another refuge from over on the GiantScaleNews. I will continue to follow FG but without SleepyC it will never be the same.
So to introduce myself my name is Chris Barnes and I live in Petersburg VA. I first got into the hobby around the age of 12or 13 but sold all my stuff when I turned 16 and learned how much fun drag racing my Mustang was with my dad. Go forward quite a few years, getting married, completing my electrical apprenticeship and getting both my journeymans and masters electrical licenses, buying a house, and getting a new job where a fellow coworker got me back into the hobby. That was 3 years ago that I returned to RC flight and I will never look back. Right now I mainly have a bunch of electric foamy's but I also have a 40 size profile from plans I found over on the PROBRO site, and nearing completion of a DLE 55 powered plans built Cap 232. Hope to have the Cap in the air by the end of the summer.
Anyways thats my intro, I will be watching along and will start contributing to the site with a build thread in the near future.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Hello all I'm another refuge from over on the GiantScaleNews. I will continue to follow FG but without SleepyC it will never be the same.
So to introduce myself my name is Chris Barnes and I live in Petersburg VA. I first got into the hobby around the age of 12or 13 but sold all my stuff when I turned 16 and learned how much fun drag racing my Mustang was with my dad. Go forward quite a few years, getting married, completing my electrical apprenticeship and getting both my journeymans and masters electrical licenses, buying a house, and getting a new job where a fellow coworker got me back into the hobby. That was 3 years ago that I returned to RC flight and I will never look back. Right now I mainly have a bunch of electric foamy's but I also have a 40 size profile from plans I found over on the PROBRO site, and nearing completion of a DLE 55 powered plans built Cap 232. Hope to have the Cap in the air by the end of the summer.
Anyways thats my intro, I will be watching along and will start contributing to the site with a build thread in the near future.

Welcome to 3DRCF! Looking forward to following your next build log!

BalsaDust

Thanks. As soon as I sort out all the photos I have of the Cap I will be uploading them. Might be by the end of the night.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks for the welcome... I am mostly a lurker so I won't post much, but I'll be around. I live in Jacksonville, FL and fly in The Bowl at Jax RC. If it has wings, I fly it, but 3D is my preferred style. I am a pro-builder and also work in the RC industry for a few different companies (large and small) wearing many hats mostly behind the scenes. Simply put, I love what I do and I do what I love. At our field I am one of the gurus and a test pilot so I have the pleasure of flying new/different planes all the time. :peace:

A few pics and My personal fleet...

View attachment 25326View attachment 25327View attachment 25328View attachment 25329View attachment 25330
Currently Flying:
ExtremeFlight 78" Extra 300
AeroPlus 73"Extra 330L
EG Aircraft (OMP) 60" Sbach
AeroWorks GT Trainer
H9 30cc Spitfire
H9 Giantscale Taylorcraft
Redwing 30cc Stinson
and several park fliers

Currently in repair stages
EG Aircraft (RedAero) 60cc Corvus
3DHS 59" Slick

Nice pics man and thanks for introducing yourself! I had the 87" EF Extra 300 as my last plane. It was an amazing airframe as I am sure your 78" is as well. That Limitless Aero Extra sure is a nice plane!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
We have more members to say Hello and Welcome to this morning. @gibatta @bkurth @skyward-jeff @jhelber08 @AeroWorks @chraptor @cbarnes0061 @Jatrizzy @mannyrc @Dead-Stick-Jake @Charles and [MENTION=3324]ron_owens[/MENTION] welcome to the site! If you haven't already let us know where and what you fly and pictures always are a plus.

We appreciate you guys making 3DRCF your home and look forward to getting to know each and everyone of you as we try to help each other with our 3D addiction!

chraptor

New to GSN!
Hi Guys,
thanks for welcome. Very happy to be a part of this interesting community.
My son and me are pilots from Switzerland. We are located in nice area with mountain all arround.
I started 30 years agon into model airplanes, and since 5 years now, mostly active in 35% aerobatic planes.
We participate in different F3M competion here and in France.

you can get somes pictures about our family team on our web site http://www.hb9rez.net/mjteam

2013-04-14 14.50.53.jpg2013-04-14 11.08.57.jpgWP_20140619_10_46_46_Pro.jpgWP_20140713_10_40_29_Pro.jpg