• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

SnowDog

Hi Guys,
thanks for welcome. Very happy to be a part of this interesting community.
My son and me are pilots from Switzerland. We are located in nice area with mountain all arround.
I started 30 years agon into model airplanes, and since 5 years now, mostly active in 35% aerobatic planes.
We participate in different F3M competion here and in France.

you can get somes pictures about our family team on our web site http://www.hb9rez.net/mjteam

View attachment 25420View attachment 25421View attachment 25422View attachment 25423

chraptor
welcome to the site and thanks for the fantastic photos!
Not only are the airframes awesome, but the backgrounds are breathtaking as well!
Here in Chicago there are no mountains, so I always enjoy seeing scenery like yours and seeing planes flying against that backdrop is even better.
I would love to hear more about the competitions in which you compete.
Also glad to see your son involved with you...how old is he?
(I have two teenage sons I'd love to get involved in the hobby...got any hints or tips for me?)

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Hi Guys,
thanks for welcome. Very happy to be a part of this interesting community.
My son and me are pilots from Switzerland. We are located in nice area with mountain all arround.
I started 30 years agon into model airplanes, and since 5 years now, mostly active in 35% aerobatic planes.
We participate in different F3M competion here and in France.

you can get somes pictures about our family team on our web site http://www.hb9rez.net/mjteam

View attachment 25420View attachment 25421View attachment 25422View attachment 25423

Switzerland!?!?! That's awesome and wow those pictures are incredible! Makes me want to come visit. So I am wondering what is the popular ARF manufacturers and engines the guys like to use there?

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
@3DMIKE how many members we at now days

Just under 1700! If we accepted every new registration like other sites do (we research every new registration to make sure they are not spammers, troll accounts etc.) we would be over 10,000 I would guess... LOL. But we want to have a clean, spam free, drama free forum for everyone to enjoy so we take the extra precautions.

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
Thanks for the welcome! I'm from Richmond, Tx, work offshore and have been flying for about 2 years now. Started off with a trainer and had my first GS within the first few months and haven't looked back. As soon as I get home from this hitch I'll be putting together an EF 104 extra w/da120 and giving the MKS 777's a try. Also somebody made the mistake of letting me try crack so I have a crack mxs waiting for me as well with about 15 batteries on order....I don't know which one I'm more excited about!!

Currently Flying:
104 Slick (DA120)
102 QQ Comp Yak (DA120)
H9 35% Extra (Being replaced with the EF extra)
EF Edge (DA60)
3dhs 72" Extra (DLE 35)
A few delta wings for night fly/combat

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks for the welcome! I'm from Richmond, Tx, work offshore and have been flying for about 2 years now. Started off with a trainer and had my first GS within the first few months and haven't looked back. As soon as I get home from this hitch I'll be putting together an EF 104 extra w/da120 and giving the MKS 777's a try. Also somebody made the mistake of letting me try crack so I have a crack mxs waiting for me as well with about 15 batteries on order....I don't know which one I'm more excited about!!

Currently Flying:
104 Slick (DA120)
102 QQ Comp Yak (DA120)
H9 35% Extra (Being replaced with the EF extra)
EF Edge (DA60)
3dhs 72" Extra (DLE 35)
A few delta wings for night fly/combat

EF 104 WITH A DA120 FOR SURE!!!!!! Ever fly on the off shore rig? LOL

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
EF 104 WITH A DA120 FOR SURE!!!!!! Ever fly on the off shore rig? LOL

I think about what it would be like every time I see the heliport or an empty cargo boat where the deck looks like a runway....I'm definitely looking forward to flying the extra. It showed up the night before I left so at least I got to drool on it some!

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I think about what it would be like every time I see the heliport or an empty cargo boat where the deck looks like a runway....I'm definitely looking forward to flying the extra. It showed up the night before I left so at least I got to drool on it some!

Wow [MENTION=3315]jhelber08[/MENTION] that's quite the hangar in 2 years (less time off shore). I have a deposit on a trailer so I see a similar path soon. I think that MX-C needs to become a stow away on your next hitch! You may want to tether it just in case! Lol.
Welcome. Enjoy the forum. Good group here.

Hi,

Just joined! My name is Ron Owens and I live in Galway on the West coast of Ireland. I have been involved in the hobby for 27 years. My first attempt at 3D was with a Great Planes U-CAN-DO-60. 3 years ago I went for it and bought a Pilot-RC SBACH 55cc. It's probably the best plane I've flown to date. It has a DLE-55 engine and Savox servos.

SBACH_IN_THE_AIR.jpgsbach13.JPGDSC00473.JPGucd_8.jpg

[video=youtube;bAdGIwfU20k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAdGIwfU20k[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

jhelber08

70cc twin V2
Wow [MENTION=3315]jhelber08[/MENTION] that's quite the hangar in 2 years (less time off shore). I have a deposit on a trailer so I see a similar path soon. I think that MX-C needs to become a stow away on your next hitch! You may want to tether it just in case! Lol.
Welcome. Enjoy the forum. Good group here.

Yes....I have an addiction! I was pretty much getting a plane every time I was home...that's not counting the glow planes and other planes I've sold. I' was spending more time fixing than flying. I now only keep what I can cram in the trailer....thanks for the welcome and good luck with your trailer!