• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

coreman

50cc
Whatever it takes to get rid of the ridiculous "us against them" crap and that 3D and XA is "reckless and dangerous." It's all based on precision flying. Just flying good horizontal and vertical lines could do wonders for so many. It would make the rest of the flying so much easier. Ok that's my "serious moment" too.

Throwing in a right turn once in a while even while boring those circle patterns in the sky ;)

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Welcoming [MENTION=3039]hbollier[/MENTION] to the scene! Welcome and when you get a chance let us know where you fly and maybe some pics our your planes!

hbollier

70cc twin V2
I built my first RC plane in 1990, a Carl Goldberg Eagle II. It lasted 4 minutes. Last year I bought a Park Zone UMX P40 quickly followed by a T28 and Sea Fury. By July I had two balsa planes from eBay. The stik still flies, but the other was retired for an Extreme Flight Edge 540 60". The foamies have been sold off and I added a Slipstream 80" RV8 to the hanger. I am loving flying electric. I keep a profile foamy in my truck for lunch time flights and fly a Sim when I get a chance. I have had a blast the last year and look forward to many more. I want to attend an IMAC event to see if it is something I would like to participate in. I have had some really great people help me along the way both online and at my local field. Planning my next ARF the EF 78" Extra 300 and maybe a scratch build one day. Who knows.

Last edited by a moderator:

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I built my first RC plane in 1990, a Carl Goldberg Eagle II. It lasted 4 minutes. Last year I bought a Park Zone UMX P40 quickly followed by a T28 and Sea Fury. By July I had two balsa planes from eBay. The stik still flies, but the other was retired for an Extreme Flight Edge 540 60". The foamies have been sold off and I added a Slipstream 80" RV8 to the hanger. I am loving flying electric. I keep a profile foamy in my truck for lunch time flights and fly a Sim when I get a chance. I have had a blast the last year and look forward to many more. I want to attend an IMAC event to see if it is something I would like to participate in. I have had some really great people help me along the way both online and at my local field. Planning my next ARF the EF 78" Extra 300 and maybe a scratch build one day. Who knows.

Awesome [MENTION=3039]hbollier[/MENTION] ! Hooks are in for sure. You're being reeled into gassers and giants now. I've been back just over 2 years and know it well. 13 planes in first year, first gasser (78 EF extra- you'll love it!) at 18 months, first IMAC last summer. VP at two clubs and ambassador here! HELP ME! Having a blast. Enjoy the fast track. Where are you? The IMAC community up here in the NE is great. I hope you have the same where you are. A great way to learn more about IMaC is a judging seminar. It's a pilot judged event so the seminars talk pilot technique too. They are going on now. Check the iMac site for event schedules. http://www.mini-iac.com/
Precision flying WILL make all your flying easier and better. Have fun.

hbollier

70cc twin V2
No gassers, I'm flying all electric. The 30cc sized RV8 is flying on 6S lipo and I am looking at 12S options for the 78" Extra. It is quite a bit more research than gas, but I transport in the cab of my truck, so it smells much better.

There is a thread on that very topic!

http://3drcforums.com/showthread.php?2058-12S-power-systems-ideas-and-options

Basically we are talking Hacker A60-8S or 7S or the lower wind Motrolfly 4330s. [MENTION=95]Aeroplayin[/MENTION] just published a report a few days ago on his experiences with the 7S on another forum.

How do you like the RV-8? I kit built a RV-4 the last two winters and I have the preview plans for the real one. My dad is building a RV-14 in his basement and I considered getting that Slipstream.

hbollier

70cc twin V2
Been keeping up with Aeroplayin's exploits. Looking towards the 4330. I have the 4330-400 in the RV8. We have 6 of them all flying electric at my club. If you want one you better act quick. They are being redesigned and The new design will cost a bit more. Stalls are gentle and straight ahead and it has no bad habits. It is an excellent choice for a first big plane.

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
I don't smell any gas fumes in my Suburban unless there is a leak. The way the vent works, it really does not vent much while upright.
1976883_10153871164910517_1462716150_n.jpg