• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
You need an emissary - someone like me - a grumpy old guy who loves 3D and XA

Fortunately we have a few "converts" and "emissaries" who are helping us spread the word that this 3D, XA movement isn't "skateboards in the mall parking lot" but actually some skillful performance requiring much practice and dedication (not that the skateboards don't require skill and dedication too).

Ahblair4

70cc twin V2
Fortunately we have a few "converts" and "emissaries" who are helping us spread the word that this 3D, XA movement isn't "skateboards in the mall parking lot" but actually some skillful performance requiring much practice and dedication (not that the skateboards don't require skill and dedication too).

Lol another pet peeve of the oldest generation

alawson999

70cc twin V2
Being serious for just a moment - There are a few things in life that are inherently "open ended" in one's pursuit of mastery. While we are all at different places in our journey of improving our skills in our chosen "sport"; none of us is, or ever will be, at a point where there is nothing else to learn.

It's not about what I know, and what I can do that keeps me engaged - it is what I am about to know, and becoming that keeps me wanting to burn thru batteries every day.

If I can share a bit of this humility with the folks who share my airspace, I find that I ususally get at least tolerance, and sometimes get a convert.
My preferred 3D bait to those who think they can't do it is to challenge them to fly uplines as slowly as possible - and let them figure out that an upline at zero airspeed is *wait for it* a HOVER.

OK, I'm done with serious now.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Being serious for just a moment - There are a few things in life that are inherently "open ended" in one's pursuit of mastery. While we are all at different places in our journey of improving our skills in our chosen "sport"; none of us is, or ever will be, at a point where there is nothing else to learn.

It's not about what I know, and what I can do that keeps me engaged - it is what I am about to know, and becoming that keeps me wanting to burn thru batteries every day.

If I can share a bit of this humility with the folks who share my airspace, I find that I ususally get at least tolerance, and sometimes get a convert.
My preferred 3D bait to those who think they can't do it is to challenge them to fly uplines as slowly as possible - and let them figure out that an upline at zero airspeed is *wait for it* a HOVER.

OK, I'm done with serious now.

Whatever it takes to get rid of the ridiculous "us against them" crap and that 3D and XA is "reckless and dangerous." It's all based on precision flying. Just flying good horizontal and vertical lines could do wonders for so many. It would make the rest of the flying so much easier. Ok that's my "serious moment" too.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Welcome to all the new members! Please let any of the staff or regional ambassadors know if you need anything!