• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

syspig

New to GSN!
Found you guys via a link from one of the big shots...don't remember which one. Maybe Doc or Cody?

Living/flying in Port Angeles WA, at a small but great club (ORCM.) Flew briefly back in the 80's, but just started up again about 4 months back.

Me: All hat, no cattle. Have acquired several great planes lately (48" EF Vanquish, 48" EF Extra 300 EXP, 59" 3DHS Slick, 60" EF Laser EXP - being built), but 3D skills are currently laughable. Progress is being made, but I'm still fairly convinced there's some voodoo/witchcraft aspect to the jaw-dropping vids I've seen from some of you.

Flying the nice planes as much as weather allows, usually 4-5 times a week. Otherwise, filling in the gaps with sim time and many hours abusing my rapidly deteriorating WMPF McFoamy XL.

Addicted.

Atcgolfer

New to GSN!
Atcgolfer.. Air traffic controller by day..caught the rc bug. A few months ago when I bought a apprentice s15 e and joined a club.. Now I just purchased a 3dhs shp can't wait to fly it..

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Welcome guys! When you get a chance please take a look at the 3dpedia portion of the site. You will find many tips of how to do the "jaw-dropping" tricks ;)

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Found you guys via a link from one of the big shots...don't remember which one. Maybe Doc or Cody?

Living/flying in Port Angeles WA, at a small but great club (ORCM.) Flew briefly back in the 80's, but just started up again about 4 months back.

Me: All hat, no cattle. Have acquired several great planes lately (48" EF Vanquish, 48" EF Extra 300 EXP, 59" 3DHS Slick, 60" EF Laser EXP - being built), but 3D skills are currently laughable. Progress is being made, but I'm still fairly convinced there's some voodoo/witchcraft aspect to the jaw-dropping vids I've seen from some of you.

Flying the nice planes as much as weather allows, usually 4-5 times a week. Otherwise, filling in the gaps with sim time and many hours abusing my rapidly deteriorating WMPF McFoamy XL.

Addicted.

Awesome [MENTION=3028]syspig[/MENTION]! Welcome to another PNW'r. We have a great thread going on for us here: http://www.3drcforums.com/showthread.php?1990-3d-pacific-northwest-style-(low-and-slow) You will find a lot of great guys that share the same addiction as you living in your own back yard.

Dansy

New to GSN!
I'm a Military Flight Eng just about to retired after 38 years service.......I'm now getting into trucking Long Haul that is, flown RC from '82 to 2002.....did a few others hobbies but I knew I would eventually return to RC so I got back in 2013 all electric what a change....start having the Pattern and 3D bug again....when from JR to Jeti, and I'm thinking that my next planes will be a 40% yak with a 170cc or electric if I could find something powerful enough.....

dth7

Welcome new members. Great stories! You find a great group of fellow addicts here willing to answer your questions (usually in minutes) or quickly pass you on to a better source. [MENTION=3028]syspig[/MENTION] I am always looking for the chip implanted behind Cody's ear. We are very lucky to have him up here. He's very giving of his time and talent to help others along. He helps keep all our egos in check too. Hope you all enjoy the forum.

dth7

I'm a Military Flight Eng just about to retired after 38 years service.......I'm now getting into trucking Long Haul that is, flown RC from '82 to 2002.....did a few others hobbies but I knew I would eventually return to RC so I got back in 2013 all electric what a change....start having the Pattern and 3D bug again....when from JR to Jeti, and I'm thinking that my next planes will be a 40% yak with a 170cc or electric if I could find something powerful enough.....

Thanks for the service [MENTION=3033]Dansy[/MENTION] keep it safe out on the road. I see many electrics in your future hangin in that cab! Let us know if your up in the Northeast.

dth7

Atcgolfer.. Air traffic controller by day..caught the rc bug. A few months ago when I bought a apprentice s15 e and joined a club.. Now I just purchased a 3dhs shp can't wait to fly it..

Welcome [MENTION=3026]Atcgolfer[/MENTION]- man after my heart. You're who I talk to at work and I'm assuming you have my "other" addiction too- GOLF! Local, approach or center? Which? Best golf trip?

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp

Dansy what part of the country are you in?