• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
I saw that and believe it or not that's how my car looked right before I sold it, due to kids.... I used to cruz Metro and hit the midnight drags...

Sweet. I think I remember it now! They were fun cars. Yep that was the place! Got into trouble there many many times with several of my cars but my 1968 Chevelle really got me into trouble.... Loved it when the cops would say "you've been by the same point more than 2 times in the past hour. Leave or you will be ticketed...."

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
It's been a few days since I have welcomed anyone and for that I apologize. We've been putting in countless hours lately working on the back end of the site. So here we go! Welcome to all the new guys that have joined here recently:
@Probrodude @len @ad_skyraider @geebeer @Valkman @rwalker @bob62 @xcalbr2 @Ren [MENTION=2952]diegocolonnello[/MENTION]

Let us know where you fly and what you fly! We love pics of the planes!

geebeer

30cc
Hey guys! I'm Keith from Buna, Tx. I'm a member of the Beaumont Tx. RC Club (Brccsite.org)

I began flying when I was 13 years old in the summer of 1985 with a Dynaflite Wanderer sail plane on Kite Hill in Laguna Niguel, Ca. I now live in Southeast Texas. I've sent approximately 40 planes to their demise throughout the years but I am currently fly an GP UltraSport 40 and a GP Zlin 40 ARF.

I love 3D flying! I don't currently have any 3D capable aircraft but that's why I joined this site! I'm going to snoop, lurk until I find what I'm looking for to get one that is capable.

I went to the XFC in Muncie, In. and decided that 3D is what gets me pumped! That event was the most exhilarating thing I have ever attended. The skill level of the pilots was like nothing I've ever seen before... This year I'm going to Joe Nall in May and I cant wait! I'll be camping in the 3D area... Arrive Tuesday night & leave Saturday Morning. I hope to see some of you there...

alawson999

70cc twin V2
Keith - welcome - you will get lots of good advice for the asking here.

Since you are just starting 3D flying and need something durable, and replaceable, one good option is to check out the Twisted Hobbies thread. I have 3, and fly at least one of them every day the weather permits.

Other ways to get started - but this is what worked for me.

Thanks 3DMike
I'm from La Grange Park, IL and I belong to the Checkerboard Flying Club.

I have only been flying for a couple of years. I just put together my first balsa arf (Value Hobby 51" SU-26) in the late fall. I can't wait for this miserable winter to break but until then it is simulator practice and dreaming of the next plane.

Matt

geebeer

30cc
Thanks [MENTION=1100]alawson999[/MENTION] [MENTION=2643]3DMIKE[/MENTION] [MENTION=3]GYRO[/MENTION] and everyone else for the welcome :) I've already ordered my first "Victim"... a Seagull Edge 540 60 and a DLE 20 to put in it. I've only used glow engines so once all this comes in... I'll figure out what I need to ask and pick your brains. Glad to be on this site, seems to be a wealth of information.

I looked at some of those different brands looking for a 20cc airframe. They are tough to find. I wonder if the Seagull control surfaces will be large enough to get true 3D performance. I have a Seagull Seafury with a Saito 125. The quality is pretty decent for the money.

SnowDog

Thanks 3DMike
I'm from La Grange Park, IL and I belong to the Checkerboard Flying Club.

I have only been flying for a couple of years. I just put together my first balsa arf (Value Hobby 51" SU-26) in the late fall. I can't wait for this miserable winter to break but until then it is simulator practice and dreaming of the next plane.

Matt

welcome ad_skyraider! good to have another Illinoisan in the crowd! I'm from Crystal Lake, but perhaps we'll get a chance to fly together somewhere in the 'burbs this summer!

You might consider attending the Kennett Missouri 3D Bash on Labor Day this weekend...good opportunity to meet many of the folks on this forum in person!

http://www.3drcforums.com/showthread.php?2123-Kennett-Missouri-3D-Bash