• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks @alawson999 @3DMIKE @GYRO and everyone else for the welcome :) I've already ordered my first "Victim"... a Seagull Edge 540 60 and a DLE 20 to put in it. I've only used glow engines so once all this comes in... I'll figure out what I need to ask and pick your brains. Glad to be on this site, seems to be a wealth of information.

Sounds good geebeer! Any questions just shoot them our way.

welcome ad_skyraider! good to have another Illinoisan in the crowd! I'm from Crystal Lake, but perhaps we'll get a chance to fly together somewhere in the 'burbs this summer!

You might consider attending the Kennett Missouri 3D Bash on Labor Day this weekend...good opportunity to meet many of the folks on this forum in person!

http://www.3drcforums.com/showthread.php?2123-Kennett-Missouri-3D-Bash

Thanks Snowdog - not a whole lot of 3D flying done at my field. Any Chicagoland suggestions for fields that fly more 3D?

Kennett, MO 3D Bash might be a stretch for me now but I am considering XFC in Muncie in June.

SnowDog

Thanks Snowdog - not a whole lot of 3D flying done at my field. Any Chicagoland suggestions for fields that fly more 3D?

Kennett, MO 3D Bash might be a stretch for me now but I am considering XFC in Muncie in June.

XFC in Muncie should be awesome!

Not sure about other fields in Chicago, but you are always welcome to drive north (quite a drive, admittedly) and fly with me!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Well it's been a week or so since I have had a chance to welcome all the new rc dudes (and sometimes gals!) to the site so here goes!

Welcome to the following guys! [MENTION=2965]DanStro[/MENTION] [MENTION=2966]In Utopia[/MENTION] [MENTION=2967]ita47[/MENTION] [MENTION=2971]braden30[/MENTION] [MENTION=2972]3DScotty[/MENTION] [MENTION=2975]stumpygarner[/MENTION] [MENTION=2977]Masjodon[/MENTION] [MENTION=2978]Planeclothes[/MENTION] [MENTION=2979]jace[/MENTION] [MENTION=2982]REGIS[/MENTION] [MENTION=2988]that kyron kid[/MENTION] [MENTION=2991]silverdulcet[/MENTION] [MENTION=3000]JTI[/MENTION] [MENTION=3002]Sergio Fahrer[/MENTION] [MENTION=3003]Nuclear Nights[/MENTION] [MENTION=3005]heli bard[/MENTION] [MENTION=3006]Big_Maxx[/MENTION] [MENTION=3009]rgandee[/MENTION] [MENTION=3010]ColoradoMel[/MENTION] [MENTION=3011]blerot[/MENTION]

We would love to see and hear what you fly are where you fly it! We love pics guys!

:needpics:

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Well it's been a week or so since I have had a chance to welcome all the new rc dudes (and sometimes gals!) to the site so here goes!

Welcome to the following guys! [MENTION=2965]DanStro[/MENTION] [MENTION=2966]In Utopia[/MENTION] [MENTION=2967]ita47[/MENTION] [MENTION=2971]braden30[/MENTION] [MENTION=2972]3DScotty[/MENTION] [MENTION=2975]stumpygarner[/MENTION] [MENTION=2977]Masjodon[/MENTION] [MENTION=2978]Planeclothes[/MENTION] [MENTION=2979]jace[/MENTION] [MENTION=2982]REGIS[/MENTION] [MENTION=2988]that kyron kid[/MENTION] [MENTION=2991]silverdulcet[/MENTION] [MENTION=3000]JTI[/MENTION] [MENTION=3002]Sergio Fahrer[/MENTION] [MENTION=3003]Nuclear Nights[/MENTION] [MENTION=3005]heli bard[/MENTION] [MENTION=3006]Big_Maxx[/MENTION] [MENTION=3009]rgandee[/MENTION] [MENTION=3010]ColoradoMel[/MENTION] [MENTION=3011]blerot[/MENTION]

We would love to see and hear what you fly are where you fly it! We love pics guys!

Wow! Welcome all. Word is getting out. Love it.

silverdulcet

New to GSN!

Would you believe I stumbled upon this forum looking to see if my local club 3drcmn.com had the Tapatalk plugin enabled for their forums? I'm currently flying an Openpilot CC3D equipped Ov3rquad (~600mm) and an Openpilot Revolution equipped Batbone Tricopter. Both FPV. I'm hoping to get a 2 axis gimbal carrying a mobius camera on the tricopter in the near future. There are 5 other guys in the area that get together to enjoy some group FPV. We call ourselves Team Blue Ox.

You asked for pics, will video do?

The most recent video I've edited (from back in Oct.)
[video=youtube;XNJxQ4DbyuI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNJxQ4DbyuI&list=UUHuQwTeDvShJr64AxuesNJw&feature=share[/video]

Just some footage doing a bit of tuning, test flying of the Tricopter:
[video=youtube;Qcpjh70XJ0I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qcpjh70XJ0I&feature=share&list=UUHuQwTeDvShJr64AxuesNJw&index=1[/video]

If you go to my channel page I have links to the other guys channels on the right.

Last edited by a moderator:

JTI

30cc
Still working on my skills. Been building a lot this winter and flying Real Flight.
Built some some Ed's dollar tree foam and Flight Test foam planes.
IMG_0556.JPG
Been flying a Crack Laser from Twisted Hobbies. As wild as 3D is it is also a good trainer for me.
Plan to fly indoors tonight.
Crack Laser.JPG

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Still working on my skills. Been building a lot this winter and flying Real Flight.
Built some some Ed's dollar tree foam and Flight Test foam planes.
View attachment 21758
Been flying a Crack Laser from Twisted Hobbies. As wild as 3D is it is also a good trainer for me.
Plan to fly indoors tonight.
View attachment 21759

Just picked up a ft f22 for giggles. Had parts hanging around. Looks like fun. Gotta have a few TH at all times too! Welcome to forum.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Would you believe I stumbled upon this forum looking to see if my local club 3drcmn.com had the Tapatalk plugin enabled for their forums? I'm currently flying an Openpilot CC3D equipped Ov3rquad (~600mm) and an Openpilot Revolution equipped Batbone Tricopter. Both FPV. I'm hoping to get a 2 axis gimbal carrying a mobius camera on the tricopter in the near future. There are 5 other guys in the area that get together to enjoy some group FPV. We call ourselves Team Blue Ox.

You asked for pics, will video do?

The most recent video I've edited (from back in Oct.)
[video=youtube;XNJxQ4DbyuI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNJxQ4DbyuI&list=UUHuQwTeDvShJr64AxuesNJw&feature=share[/video]

Just some footage doing a bit of tuning, test flying of the Tricopter:
[video=youtube;Qcpjh70XJ0I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qcpjh70XJ0I&feature=share&list=UUHuQwTeDvShJr64AxuesNJw&index=1[/video]

If you go to my channel page I have links to the other guys channels on the right.

Awesome videos!!! Thanks for sharing and I'm glad you stumbled upon us!