• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

jlgrrt

New to GSN!
Thanks for the welcome I am respiratory therapist with an addiction to this RC hobby. I love flying my sport planes and strive for smooth aerobatics dabble in a little 3d and like the history in modeling warbirds. I live in a nice Air Force town in northwest Oklahoma Enid and I'm a member of a great club here the SPADS.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Thanks for the welcome I am respiratory therapist with an addiction to this RC hobby. I love flying my sport planes and strive for smooth aerobatics dabble in a little 3d and like the history in modeling warbirds. I live in a nice Air Force town in northwest Oklahoma Enid and I'm a member of a great club here the SPADS.

Welcome jlgrrt! Don't see many people from Enid. When I saw Vance listed as a possible Pilot Training base, along with Del Rio TX, Columbus MS, and Pensacola FL, you can guess where I chose! Got to do my flying training over the beautiful white sand beaches of Florida! :D

SnowDog

Haha in 1984 I was in Kindergarten.

My first son was born in 1985!

I remember making statements like that! Don't blink man life goes by fast!

+100 My first son just turned 28!

Went to Moon Valley HS and graduated in 1983. It is crazy how fast time flies by.

My youngest son is 15 now!

Hey there jlgrrt, welcome to the site and glad to meet you! I have family in Enid! My dad grew up on the Schulz farm in Bison, OK. My uncle (Jack Schulz) lived in Enid until he passed away, and some of his kids (my cousins) still live there today! (Bruce Schulz, Dale Schulz)

Where is your flying field in Enid?

jlgrrt

New to GSN!
I don't blame you but there is something to be said about a nice quiet town, well since the Texan II replaced the tweet anyway. I have several friends who are either IPs here retired working in the sims and IPs with the guard working partime/fulltime flying the T6 , T28 and T1 out of here.

jlgrrt

New to GSN!
Where is your flying field in Enid?

3 miles west of Town (Atwood’s) 1/2 mile south of 412 on Boomer Road. Look for the control tower. 300ft geotextile runway electricity on the flight line and a nice flight shack equipped with a fridge full of refreshment

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
3 miles west of Town (Atwood’s) 1/2 mile south of 412 on Boomer Road. Look for the control tower. 300ft geotextile runway electricity on the flight line and a nice flight shack equipped with a fridge full of refreshment
My wife went to pilot training at Enid back in 95. Nice town. Then she went to Altus for tanker school. "Enid, not such a bad town after all. Altus, its the town we feared Enid would be!" No offense to Altus residents.

Last edited by a moderator:

DwayneG

30cc
I remember making statements like that! Don't blink man life goes by fast!

When you are 5 a year is 1/5 of your life and go’s by real slow, when your 60 a year is only 1/60th of your life and go’s by very fast.

Live for now, and enjoy yourself (no drama, there's no time for that).

The nice thing about retirement is every day is Saturday. :banana::bouncy::quoties:

Last edited by a moderator: