• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Welcome to the ED's! Your at AMPS at adobe dam? So is my brother Tim. He fly's warbirds mostly and just recently purchased a Sukhoi that's building. I was just there flying a few weeks ago. Nice field and mostly nice people. You guys have got one old dude that is a pain.

Mike in Oregon.

SnowDog

Hi ya fellow ''Planers''... My son and I are new to this forum, but not new to RC. My Dad taught me how to fly and build when I was 10 years old (35 years ago). I started on CL and was hooked. Ever since each weekend is spent at the field flying and helping. I taught my son how to fly when he was 9, he is now 16 and has far surpassed my abilities, and most RC pilots (at our field, AMPS), so now days I just support him in this incredible hobby. We have flown all the ''big named'' kits/arfs from 120cc to .049. After some restructuring within the house hold we ( I ) have decided to try the 30cc size for cost reasons. After a ton of research and talking to other mod we are going with RedWingRC. I have yet to see a complaint. The kids Yak 55 should be here in a few days and we will start assembly ASAP.

Thanks,

Ed Jr and Ed III

One word: WELCOME and two: BUILD LOG! (ok so that's more than one word, oh well) ;)

Seriously, welcome to our online home, we hope you enjoy your stay! We also love to read build logs with lots of pictures, so find the appropriate thread for your build log and throw some pictures our way!
I haven't seen too many build logs of the Yak-55 airframe, so I'm super excited to see this one! I have a RedWing 30cc MXSR (Red) that I need to mount the engine, and get better weather. Hope you enjoy your Yak-55!

Thanks for the add. I am hoping to fly more this year. Had to take a few years off due to my dad being diagnosed with cancer and passing 12 months later. My goal is to fly more often this year. I will post some pics of my planes soon.

LJ

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Welcome to all the new members! Its amazing how much the site has grown recently in terms of membership. I hope you all like the more positive vibe here. Post any questions you might have, check out the 3dpedia and feel free to pm me or any of the staff or regional reps as we are eager and willing to help out any way we can. We enjoy the site and know the community can't function without all of our awesome members so thanks for choosing to be a part of our community!

cili

New to GSN!
Hi mates my name is Joe, been flying on and off for about 12 years now, just smashed my Ripmax bossanova last weekend, for the first time lost signal from my Aurora9 still trying to figure out what happened, anyway, just started looking at finishing my new Toledo Special which brought me to this forum. Looks like a great site well done and thanks for accepting me here

alawson999

70cc twin V2
I try to fly every day,for at least a few minutes - sometimes the weather won't permit, but once I got that mindset, I am at probably 80%.

Makes a big difference for me, both in my skills, and in my attitude for the rest of life's chalenges.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Welcome to all the new members! Its amazing how much the site has grown recently in terms of membership. I hope you all like the more positive vibe here. Post any questions you might have, check out the 3dpedia and feel free to pm me or any of the staff or regional reps as we are eager and willing to help out any way we can. We enjoy the site and know the community can't function without all of our awesome members so thanks for choosing to be a part of our community!

What Nate said. Welcome all and yes the forum has had a "growth spirt" in the past month or two- awesome! I think one (there are plenty) of the best things about this forum is the fact that you can post a question and usually within minutes you are getting an answer or be directed to the right place for an answer, all with no attitude or politics. If anything a pinch of sarcasm or humor. Kudos to everyone for that. Keep it up.