• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Hi All,
My name is Ahmed, go by the same name on that other forum. I've been flying for about 6 yrs, but only recently have gotten the 3D bug, after getting my first 3dhs airframe, now I don't know which one I like best 3dhs or EF, just got the 64 MXS and I'm loving it.

Gyro, great job on the forum and you were great in the ATTF interview.

Thanks very much Ahmed! Welcome to the site! :)

Hey Ya'll!

I see alot of familar people here from the other side. Good luck to GRYO and all for the new endevour.

I flew string controled balsa profiles with the Cox .049 when I was a kid. Build a few up from balsa kits of many pieces too. Do they still have "dope" LOL.

Got back into this 3-1/2 years ago when I got the Supercub for Christmas and proceeded to beat the crap out of learning to fly RC again. Replaced many parts many times. Then the PZ Corsair and T-28. Beat the crap out of those too. LOL. Still have Homer's T28 in flying condition (gotta be an original proton left somewhere) except for the flat tires from sitting in the living room for so long now gathering dust bunnies. Then went thru the E-Flite arframes. Bonanza, T-34 Mentor, P51 Mustang. Then got introduced to 3DHS airframes. Currently in the living room with no flat tires are the 48" $1-1/2 huck, 47" SHP, and the 47" Vyper (V4), plus a AW profile plane that I love and gets toss up in almost any condition. I'm still learing to fly my 3d planes as intended and am loving it.

Wife and I raised four children and have eight grand kids. We all live here on the Colorado Front Range and all get along and love it.

Ron

Thanks Ron, and welcome to the site! :)

Uh, YEAH! I can count all the drinks I've had this year on one hand. I think it'd be ok to have one or two in Austin. =)

Rob, your first one's on me at the Hucktoberfest. Thanks for representing 3dhs and contributing so much here on the site!

njswede

150cc
That's me, my superfly won it, i just held the radio :)

are you going to the PA event this weekend?

Didn't know there was a PA event. Where? All depends on when wifey grants me a probational release. :)

I ran out of batteries when there where another three planes in the air, but at least you and I earned the bragging rights of having defeated Joe and Arron (I think) at something RC-related. :)

Jwmav528

70cc twin V2
Hey everybody. I am Jeff and I am from Pittsburgh. I have been in RC for about 9 years now. I started when I was 17 and actually built (and still build) several kits. I am currently working on an old pattern plane designed by Joe Bridi and here is the interesting part..... IT'S NOT A KAOS OR DIRTY BIRDY!!!!! It is one of his lesser known designs called the Vagabond. About a year or two ago, some of my club members showed me some Joe Smith videos from Joe Nall and other places and I knew that I wanted to fly like that too. I've recently gotten into 3D with my 41" Edge (Buck huck). I am flying that and am working to nail my harrier and harrier rolls. I am also working on some higher energy maneuvers as well whenever I want to shake things up a bit but I really want to 3D well and that takes practice. I've also been flying the 40" EPP Edge from 3DHS lately that I won at the Ohio Huckfest. I love that airplane. I just love that I can beat the crap out of it and it keeps coming back for more. Be on the lookout for me asking stupid questions because I believe that is a great way to learn. Btw, what are "rollers"?

I am also teaching my father to fly on my old Easy Sport that I built back when I was 17 (Man that plane is a castor oil sponge by now) so that he can fly his 1/4 scale cub whenever I finish it for him.

I also fly helicopters. I wouldn't call myself a 3D heli pilot but I do listen to my Ipod while flying a blade 450 and I've made people sick to their stomachs, especially whenever I do pyro-tailslides. Those are fun mainly because of the reaction I get out of people whenever I do them.

I am also working on my Phoenix Models Extra 60-90 that I am converting to run on a DLE 20. Hopefully I won't end up overweight but we'll see.

I also have a girlfriend who lives in Youngstown who is learning helicopters and photography. She swore she would not photograph airplane things but she always has her DSLR out whenever planes are up. She and her daughter occasionally come out with me.

Jeff

Eagle34

50cc
Uh, YEAH! I can count all the drinks I've had this year on one hand. I think it'd be ok to have one or two in Austin. =)

Man I wish we could have made it for your Huckfest there at your home field, but with the wife's knee surgery and Iassac we were just covered up, had all intentions and plans on attending.

Sadly I will be back at sea for the ARCA Hucktoberfest and I'll miss that one too.:mad: Duty calls though. We will save you a couple for the next time we meet up! Glad to hear your stones aren't bothering you too much. Had me worried a bit.

Think the wife is signing up as I type this, had to help her find how to add her avatar.

weaser42

30cc
Kevin from sunny AZ who can't wait for what the east cost folks call "build season" as that is prime time AZ flying season:)

Flew control line as a kid, got into nitro RC a bit in 80's and 90's. Started electric in 2007 and soon found 3D:) Fly both planes and heli including:

3DHS: 104 Slick (electric), 74" Edge, 72" Extra, 70" Slick, 68" Velox, 65" Vyper, 62" Osiris, 59" Slick, 58" Edge, 57" Extra, 48" Edge, 48" VR-1, 48" Epp Extra, 41" Edge, 32" Epp Extra, Depron Velox. Vyper Bype on pre-order.

EF 64" MXS on order, also have Twisted Crack Yak and Extra Slick, plus a bunch of smaller stuff.

Heli: Logo600, Logo500, MSH Protos

I may have a slight 3D addiction:)

gyro

GSN Contributor
Welcome Toni, Jeff, and Kevin! Glad to have you all here!

Last edited by a moderator: