• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

mjg0808

50cc
Hi guys, Mike here from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl. I flew back in the mid 90's and then life happened-Marriage, kids, career so flying took a backseat for the longest time. 2 years ago I bought my son an Apprentice for his Birthday and I was instantly hooked again. Him, not so much but I still have faith that he'll get interested!! I was introduced to the site through Jacob(3dbandit), who has given me countless pointers, tips and advice to help me out. I fly @ our local field in Weston, Florida @ Markham Park. I recently started flying 3D several months ago and now I only wish that there were more hours in the day so I can fly more!! I love the fact that there are lots of other enthusiasts like me here and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and getting advice and maybe even giving some of my own, even though I still consider myself new-again- to the hobby. I have a TH 32" Edge, PA Ultimate AMR, 3DHS 42" slick, EF 48" Extra EXP and a few other planes and some micros as well. Most of my time has been on my Extra and Slick and day by day I'm getting better and better. My next build will be an EF 91" Extra EXP just not sure if I'll go electric or make it my 1st gasser.... We'll see...

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Hi guys, Mike here from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl. I flew back in the mid 90's and then life happened-Marriage, kids, career so flying took a backseat for the longest time. 2 years ago I bought my son an Apprentice for his Birthday and I was instantly hooked again. Him, not so much but I still have faith that he'll get interested!! I was introduced to the site through Jacob(3dbandit), who has given me countless pointers, tips and advice to help me out. I fly @ our local field in Weston, Florida @ Markham Park. I recently started flying 3D several months ago and now I only wish that there were more hours in the day so I can fly more!! I love the fact that there are lots of other enthusiasts like me here and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and getting advice and maybe even giving some of my own, even though I still consider myself new-again- to the hobby. I have a TH 32" Edge, PA Ultimate AMR, 3DHS 42" slick, EF 48" Extra EXP and a few other planes and some micros as well. Most of my time has been on my Extra and Slick and day by day I'm getting better and better. My next build will be an EF 91" Extra EXP just not sure if I'll go electric or make it my 1st gasser.... We'll see...

Welcome Mike,
You'll find many of like minds here. Enjoy. Welcome back to the hobby. I'm a RE- entrant from about a year and a half ago.

3dbandit

100cc

Welcome Mike, I'm happy you made it over here.
Hope you can have as much fun and learn as much here as I have.

jmart95

70cc twin V2
Welcome Wade and Mike! I hope you guys enjoy it here, it's an awesome site. Much more personal than the other forums, and it's a great group of guys!

Hi I'm Patrick for Oklahoma city. Started flying about 2 years ago once I got the basics I bought a buck huck and a sim and havent looked back right now I'm flying a EF 60 mxs, or my newly aquired crack laser.

nsg

30cc
Nikolay, Yardley, PA. I'm a material scientist by education, went into CAD s/w development about twenty years ago. I flew control line as a kid back in Soviet Union. Rejoined the hobby about six years ago, been flying 3D planes by EF and 3DHS, a glider or two, scale models by Alfa and FSK, misc foam stuff. Other hobbies are cycling, photography, hiking.

Imtowman

30cc
Hey all I'm MIke Miller 37 yr old equipment mechanic from Eastampton nj. Officer in my local flying club crosswinds in weatampton nj. Father of 2 son 6 daughter 11 he is starting to fly sim and buddy box . I've been flying helis for 11 yrs just got into airplanes and 3d consider myself a intermediate pilot. It just like the rest o my rc hobbies is a addiction I have 9 cars 4 helis and 6 fly able planes.