• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

LarryG

New to GSN!
Hi, I'm Larry, from the Florida Panhandle. I'm just a sport flier, not really into giant scale for several reasons (costs, transportation, etc), but I really enjoy watching the guys at the field fly their big machines, especially 3D. Maybe someday.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hello @LarryG,

Welcome to GSN. . . . . :welcome:. We won't hold the lack of giant scale planes against you, I promise. . . :laughing:. Besides, when I joined this site, the biggest plane I had was a 60 size electric Extra. I didn't get my first giant scale plane till late last year.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Welcome! As a member at a flying site I visited in CA told me when I wanted to get into gassers but was afraid that I wouldn't be able to fly at my field because of it's STOL characteristics.... he simply said "You Will"
I must say the bigger birds fly better... it's TRUE. have fun on the site @LarryG

thurmma

150cc
Welcome to GSN @LarryG! This is an awesome site with a lot of good people. Plenty to see and read without the drama. Enjoy your stay, hopefully it will be along one :)

LarryG

New to GSN!
My biggest airplane so far was an old, old biplane from a gentleman's fleet after he died. It had a .80 four stroke that I took off and added a 60-sized electric motor. After lots of modifications and tons of weight in the nose, it took off, only to go into an immediate bank/dive into the runway. Pretty much everything else I fly is .40 size or smaller. Would like to add a .60 size Ugly Stik to my fleet.