• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

hasses

New to GSN!
Hello, I am from Houston, Tx and I am in between fields but will be flying at Alvin Rc Club once the weather gets a little better. ( mostly rain now snow of course) I like to fly profiles and fixed wing 3D. I have one Extreme Flight Yak 55SP Profile and the 48" Edge 540 EXP, Hanger 9 Sbach 60, 41" 3DHS Edge 540, Horizon 330Extra 450 Profile, Horizon Sukhoi SU-29MM, and I am on edge waiting for my new REDWING RC 50CC yak 55MM. I thin that is about it beside some BNF planes like the 330Extra and Sukoi. I am a build junky that I think spends more times modifying, reskinning or building planes. I have not attempted any large scale kit planes as of yet, but that is what I will be in the market for next. If anyone has any suggestions on a good 50 to 100cc Kit plane that I can fly 3D and IMAC with I would appreciate it very much. I have been looking at some company's that only sell kits but idk how good the planes actually are. I would like to Build a kit plane that people would use in competition, in the hopes that maybe I could drum up some people from the flying fields that would want me to build planes for them to sell. Something I have been thinking about as a hobby to make a little extra money.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Wow that's quite a collection of planes! I think [MENTION=3218]Suds[/MENTION] would be a good resource for this question as he builds professionally as well.

Suds

50cc
Wow that's quite a collection of planes! I think [MENTION=3218]Suds[/MENTION] would be a good resource for this question as he builds professionally as well.

Thanks for the vote of confidence [MENTION=2643]3DMIKE[/MENTION] but I'm just a newer (<2 years) flyer off to a quick start and fully enthralled with the possibilities and challenge from 3D flying. Don't have much building experience outside of 2 Extreme Flight 60"ers and a AJ Laser 73" now under build.

Cheers,
Suds

ogden64

New to GSN!
Hey guys me and my brother got into rc planes 15yrs ago and have done it on and off since then. 3 months ago i bought my first 35% 100cc plane and now i have 4 100cc and 3 40% 150cc planes and they are the best planes iv,e ever flown. i live in Ohio and we fly at friendship park in smithfield OH.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Hey guys me and my brother got into rc planes 15yrs ago and have done it on and off since then. 3 months ago i bought my first 35% 100cc plane and now i have 4 100cc and 3 40% 150cc planes and they are the best planes iv,e ever flown. i live in Ohio and we fly at friendship park in smithfield OH.

Holy cow!!! Did you spend your kids or future kids college funds?!?! Lol. Welcome and feel free to post some pictures. :)