• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

rgreene

New to GSN!
Hi Mike,
I am from Albuquerque, NM and after a 25 year absence from the hobby, I started flying again last year and although I am not a competent 3d pilot, I am learning...Love my Multiplex stuntmaster for trying out new maneuvers. The tutorials on the site have been extremely helpful and thanks to all that contribute to that forum. I have the Aeroworks 52" freestyle 260, Extra 260 EP-3D, and Stingray. Also I am building a PA Bandit after my first one crashed on it's maiden due to a ESC failure. I'm also looking to branch out to DLG's at some point.

Hi Wheats,

I lived in ABQ from 1984 - 1987 and miss the mountains. I'm around hill country now, so I don't have a launch point for gliders like you do, but a DLG is a planned purchase. Are you planning to haul a DLG up the tram?

bob_nj

70cc twin V2
Thanks for the publicity Mike.
I've been a member here for quite awhile.
Don't get on the boards much due to work and travel.
I've been in the UAV industry since 2005 and spent some time in Iraq flying.
Now work at the factory in Pa.

It's a 5 hour total daily commute, so I'm a dish rag by the end of the week.
I've had 40%, 35% and now fly mostly 50cc due to no outside basement door.
I'm getting older, and getting a 40% down the steps by myself just isn't as appealing as the 50cc class.

Current gas models flying are the 91" 3DHS Edge, two 89" 3DHS Slicks, and just took possession of the last
two AeroBeez/Peak 50cc Edges as you know.

Live in South Jersey so it's cold here now, but I plan to get out before the weather this morning with the 48"
Extreme Flight Extra 300-EXP.

Take care, and have a good New Year!

Bob Austino
New Jersey

dribar

70cc twin V2
I've been in the UAV industry since 2005 and spent some time in Iraq flying.
Now work at the factory in Pa.

Hey Bob! My son flew UAVs in Iraq too. Maybe you guys know each other? Tyler Ribar is his name. He has since joined the Air Force.

Peace.

Last edited by a moderator:

dribar

70cc twin V2
He was in Kabul for 12 months as a civilian probably about three years ago. Came back and flew citations for a few years and how headed for f-15 strike eagle if all goes well.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
He was in Kabul for 12 months as a civilian probably about three years ago. Came back and flew citations for a few years and how headed for f-15 strike eagle if all goes well.

What a dream! Man I wish I wasn't freaking color blind!

alawson999

70cc twin V2
Hi Charles

Visiting my sister and family at her house on Padre Island - Sargent Tx, near Lake Jackson

Last day in these balmy climes is Monday, then back to winter