• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Extra 330SC 2,33mt by Flight-Model

I,
yes is possible... But you can find Kuza tanks also to eBay...

I took the opportunity of this test to try a nice device that I already have seen install in oither jet and 3D plane in USA but had no idea where I could buy it in Italy. These power supply RX is a device made by “Smart-Fly” (http://smart-fly.com) company from Arizona specialized in electronic accessories for model Rc airplanes and in particular to electronic management of Rx and servo for has a good range of models.
I decided to install in my new Extra 330SC the version "PowerSystem Sport Plus". These device Smart-Fly using two batteries Li-Po 2S (or other) with output 6v for servo and separatly 5 volts for the receiver; the sport plus have install inside a switch "Cutoff" to the engine control connect by cable optically isolated. The input channels are 8 with two outputs for each channel (total 16 servos). In these devide there is no matching function and reverse. The Rx is located above the control unit and fixed with hard velcro type (provided in the kit) and output cables are placed in the left and right of the unit. Particularly to be emphasized in these device Smart-Fly is that the Rx is connected to devide from input with single cable (withe cable - signal): this because the need power is supplied separatly to servo control wiith filtered signal, buffered and constant voltage of 6 volts. Do not forget, finally, that the outputs from the channels marked "A" and "H" will always be utilized for connection becouse these is the channels that powered the rx…

Attachments

• Contenuto-kit.jpg
    Contenuto-kit.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 273
  • Centralina-2.jpg
    Centralina-2.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 249
  • Centralina.jpg
    Centralina.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 256
In addition to the outputs of the servos and battery, the control unit Smart-Fly have two inputs port for charging direct of the two batteries (to in this port can also be connected to a digital instrument for monitoring the battery charge).
All this device weight only 54 grams (+ Rx) and need small space in the model. The hardware is typical of all the power control units of this category: short circuits protection, damage of one of the two batteries, 5 amp. absorption from servo in continuous and 15 of the peak, filters on all the output signals, LED indicators for power status, the device monitors both parcels and uses the energy from the battery with greater capacity; at the same time monitors and automatically isolates the pack that may have problems so that it can not damnage the other pack with consequent loss of control of the aircraft. The controller PowerSystem Sport Plus is supplied without external switch: if you need it is necessary buy it separately.
Interestingly, as mentioned, the ignition system "Cutoff" integrated in the card using a fiber optic cable for the control unit ON/OFF switch that separates the engine ignition from the receiver eliminating any possible interference.
Another note is for the presence in the Smart-Fly Sport Plus device of two connectors "power expander". Smart-fly for PowerSystem Sport Plus has thought to possible expansions equipping with two connectors "Fly PowerExpander" offering programming versatility of the servos through an additional card.
But of this unit I will have opportunity to talk in depth.

Attachments

• 22763.JPG
    22763.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 256
  • Ignition-cutt-off-montato.jpg
    Ignition-cutt-off-montato.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 280
  • Smart-Fly-Ignition-CutOff-(Optic-Rx-Only)-CloseUp1.jpg
    Smart-Fly-Ignition-CutOff-(Optic-Rx-Only)-CloseUp1.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 231

Robbins

Team WTFO (Watch The Fun Occur)
Couple things i hope you will see my points, to make successful flights!

1 YOU REPLACE CHEAP CHINA FUEL TUBING WITH GENUINE TYGON
2 ALUMINUM FIREWALL ANGLE LESS EFFECTIVE THAN EPOXY AND HARDWOOD TRISTOCK
3 THOSE WHITE PLASTIC SERVO ARMS GOTTA GO IN GARBAGE CAN. REPLACE WITH DUAL LOCK TYPE ALUMINUM ARMS. I LIKE SWB MFG

4 I LIKE YOUR STYLE. NICE THREAD. HAVE FUN!

1 YOU REPLACE CHEAP CHINA FUEL TUBING WITH GENUINE TYGON
2 ALUMINUM FIREWALL ANGLE LESS EFFECTIVE THAN EPOXY AND HARDWOOD TRISTOCK
3 THOSE WHITE PLASTIC SERVO ARMS GOTTA GO IN GARBAGE CAN. REPLACE WITH DUAL LOCK TYPE ALUMINUM ARMS. I LIKE SWB MFG

4 I LIKE YOUR STYLE. NICE THREAD. HAVE FUN!

HI
white servo plastica arms arte change with carbon fiber (change also the servo because I install all Savox 1230. Firewall is glued with pox and renforced with aluminium angle.
For tubing I use tygoon and Festo for connected the tanks to engine and smoke pump but not change the intake tubing. I ask directly to Kuza that assure me about security of tubing for gasoline. I must try it as they come out of the factory...

The exaust kit for my new DA-70 arrive next week ... I buy it from ASPower (www.aspower.it) I’m waiting… Two muffler with intake for smoke that will enable me to try the engine and install the cowl.
I have finish installation of the motor and the power unit for the motor ignition. The batteries (2 x for servo power unit and one for the engine control unit) will be positioned at the bottom of basse wooden, where I think to put the rudder servo. I change these solution and put the rudder servo in tile if the model. This for C.G.
As recommended by Desert Aircraft I have also bought the synthetic oil "Red Line Racing" for fuel. Also finished assembling tanks and pump the smoke pump Secraft (version V3).

Attachments

• Centralina-motore.jpg
    Centralina-motore.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 290
  • Mototre-installato-1.jpg
    Mototre-installato-1.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 247
  • Mototre-installato-2.jpg
    Mototre-installato-2.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 276
  • Olio-motore.jpg
    Olio-motore.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 256
  • Pompa-fumo-e-serbatoi.jpg
    Pompa-fumo-e-serbatoi.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 243
With an engine as the good DA-70 could not miss two good propellers.: I chose Mejzlik (www.mejzlik.eu). The choice to mount a carbon prop compared to a wood prop is certainly influenced by a part from the aesthetic side and on the other by the awareness to having, with that prop carbon, an engine more fluid for “effect flywheel” on the engine. In these test I have rthe opportunity to check the difference with the new engine and a beautiful 24x8 and 24x10 Mejzlik prop. The Mejzlik (www.mejzlik.eu) is a "must" in this sector with its products which are used by some best pilot in the world. A very high quality product, made in carbon fiber unidirectional and bi-directional and epoxy. Light, super strong, with central surface "hard" for drilled safely. The profile of the prop is optimized for maximum performance at a low level of noise and vibration. The propellers Mejzlik, get balanced at the factory buti s good idea che kit after drill… . As you can see in the picture I purchased from Mejzlik also trhe drillo guide accessory for drill correctly and without errors the prop. There are several “drill guide” for different engines. These accessory can not miss in the laboratory!

Attachments

• Eliche-Merjzlik.jpg
    Eliche-Merjzlik.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 275
  • Eliche.jpg
    Eliche.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 250
Finally arrived the exaust for my new DA-70. The set of two muffler are realized by AsPower (http://www.aspower.it) Italian brand specialized in production of excellent exhaust systems for RC engines. The long experience of ASPower, combined with a hight quality of material create reliable products used by moore modellist. AsPower offer a wide range of both, standard and custom. There are available specific sets for different Rc model and, alternatively, also made custom you need!
After much reflection and with the impossibility to install two canister i n the model, I opted for the two muffler that allow me to save almost 500 grams of weight.

Barilotti1.jpg
Barilotti3.jpg
Bartilotti2.jpg

Together with the two exaust muffler I have taken always from ASPower (http://www.aspower.it) also the nozzles for smoke to be applied to the muffler and the tube from high temperatures for the entry of the smoke in the muffler. In the kit AsdPower provide also the four bolts required to fixed the muffler to the cylinder.

Barilotti-set.jpg

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
I have used a couple kuza tanks for the as two summers. They work well and are a strong tank like a Fuji bottle. Their so popular now that extreme flight has rebranded them and I selling them on their website lol.