• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Extra 330SC 2,33mt by Flight-Model

Muffler ASPower (www.aspower.it) just install in the model.. Good job and good jobs and product. I had not doubts because I had already try from ASPower and install in my old Yak 54 2,2mt PilotRc dedicated canister with great satisfaction
Meanwhile today should arrived the new Jeti DS-16 Tx and so I can go on with installation...
Barilotti-montati1.jpg
Barilotti-montati2.jpg
Barilotti-montati3.jpg
Barilotti-montati5.jpg

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
aren't those mufflers on backwards? shouldn't the angled part be forward to fit inside of tight cowls with a sloping forward surface? but then the smoke ports would be on the inside....hmmmmm, confusing
great looking product though. :yesss:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I understand your concern. But do you have enough room to access the needles on the carb? If you turn them around and use the left on right cylinder and right on left cylinder then the angled cap on the right cylinder muffler would allow better access to needles and smoke taps would remain facing outwards. You then could make some aluminum tube extensions to get the stacks outside the cowl. Might even give you a little more clearance for your throttle arm and clevis.

No problem. I have rotate the muffler and install in next direction...

Finally arrived the new radio. After so many years I decided to switch from Futaba to Jeti for two reasons: first the trade policy of Futaba: i thinks that the relationship of price/performance it's less convenient (my personal opinion). The second because after reading so many positive reviews from these Tx I decided to try it.
I buy it In Italy from Hobbytoys (http://www.hobbytoys.it) the Jeti DS-16, which differs from the DC-16 for dimensions. The entry level is the DS-14 Tx which has the structure similar to the DS-16 (lacking a pair of switches) and some features are disabled and that can be enabled later also activate online but behind payment.
DS16-valigetta.jpg
DS16-dentro-valigetta.jpg

The Jeti DS-16 Tx comes with included in the package (in addition to the transport case) the RX 7 channels Duplex protocol EX system that handles up to 16 channels of high-resolution, real-time telemetry and EXBus for interfacing with regulators, stabilizers voltage, sensors and worldwide system Jeti Duplex EX. The peculiarity of the system Duplex EX is the interconnectivity between compliant devices and allows devices to interact. You can, for example, program wirelessly directly from the Rx Tx.
In the kit DS-16 find the USB cable to connect the PC to Tx, the charger, the strap, manual, a set of allen keys, mat.
Also from Hobbytoys (http://www.hobbytoys.it) I buy the Rx 9 and 14 channels and the GPS device for the transmission of data relating to speed, height, location and so on. model.
I must say that at first glance the radio gives a feeling of solidity and also tilted the screen is easy to read.
DS16-Kit.jpg
DS16-front.jpg
DS16-retro.jpg
DS16-fianco.jpg
DS16-alto.jpg

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
A lot of pilots here in Alberta have switched to jeti or graupner lately. For the telemetry that is available. Their nice radios.

Rusty 73

100cc
I have switched to Jeti and love the Advance programming and quality and telemetry . Only used it a couple of time this year but well worth the investment . Mine is a DS -16 just like yours