• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Nelitz 1/3 scale Cub build

TonyHallo

150cc
Any more photos of your wing/ upper cabin area? Project is stalled? I have a couple of those..........
I'm pretty sure the Super Cub was my first online post so I didn't take a lot of photos. It's a BUSA so the build is different as well, here the stub ribs are being matched to the wing with Super Fill.
And yes I have move than one stalled. Quite a bit of activity here at GSN lately, hopefully it keeps up.

000_0483.JPG

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Looks like an older mini lathe you got there! Does it do most of what you need done?

It's a little lathe for sure but excellent for tiny parts. It is a Unimat with power feed on the x (?) axis (which is really cool). Sherline is probably the way to go but I got this on ebay for a song. Either, you just have to keep watching.

Tony has a much bigger mini lathe that is probably a perfect size but with inflation not cheap. I took the next step or 6 and bought a bigger lathe last year. The 3 phase power conversion set me back a few months but it's running now. More on this in another thread.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Working briefly on front spar connection tonight. Rough draft connector piece will be silver soldered but how high above the frame? Could make a big difference on incidence.

IMG-7643.jpg

IMG-7643.jpg
IMG-7644.jpg