• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Nelitz 1/3 scale Cub build

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Made wing supports today. Last big hurdle is getting the upper cabin area built. Which means getting everything squared, leveled with the wings.

20220313_192958.jpg

20220313_193020.jpg

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
That's some nice fixturing work there David. At what point is the chain saw employed? I couldn't remember how I did the Super Cub wings, looked through the build folder. Looks like I had the wings covered before hand. I will have to finish it someday!

View attachment 119379

Chainsaw will handle any redos. Warped wing or fuse.............. And you need an expansion tank on your water heater.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I would think you would use tweezers to start the nut and go from there. At .046" diameter that would work out to .0138 full scale or #6 screw, can't image where # 6 screws would be used other than the dash? The door lugs are drilled at .190" so a No.1 screw would be the right size, as a matter of fact .190" is the smallest hole shown on the lug drawing. Where are you using the 00-90 screws?

You weren't kidding on screw size. Check out the 1mm screw. On the tape measure.........

20220314_182811.jpg

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
That's some nice fixturing work there David. At what point is the chain saw employed? I couldn't remember how I did the Super Cub wings, looked through the build folder. Looks like I had the wings covered before hand. I will have to finish it someday!

View attachment 119379

Any more photos of your wing/ upper cabin area? Project is stalled? I have a couple of those..........

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Rear wing pins need an approximately .038 inside diameter sleeve to slide into. 3/8" aluminum tubing has the outside diameter but not the inside. No exact reamer size so I drilled the inside diameter. 4 different sizes and needed id was made.

Feather weight tube after being drilled out.

20220314_163802.jpg

Pre drilled size and after drilled id.

20220314_220304.jpg

Just ever so slightly oversized....

20220314_220733.jpg