• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Nelitz 1/3 scale Cub build

TonyHallo

150cc
I have a similar set up in the Champ. The box on the firewall houses the carb, the ignition is mounted on the bottom side of the box with Velcro and it is retained with a piece of hook and loom. The plug wires come out the two 7/8" holes. Access is through the door. Note the firewall is inverted in this photo. Is there an aluminum boot cowl on the plane covering this area? If so you can put a large hole in the filler piece without loosing much strength.

IMG_2392.JPG

TonyHallo

150cc
Here is a temperature log of my One Design internal fuselage temperatures yesterday. This plane is built much like a current design with exposed cans inside the fuselage. The front temperature is about 2 inches above the back of the cans, the rear temperature is on the left side of the fuselage below the canopy where the redundant receiver is located. The data is collected in 1/2 second intervals and this is over three flights. I have the telemetry set to collect data only when the ignition is on. It was 75F at the first flight and 79F when I quit flying. Maximum cylinder head temperature recorded was 266F for a duration of 5 seconds, this was near the end of the day. Of course I live above the Mason Dixon line so 90f flying days are far between. If I were flying in 90f or above the internal temperatures would approach the 140f number. Now you fellas in Georgia may have a few more!

IMG_2700 (2).jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Just my 2ct. I would really try to keep away from the exhaust. Can you try to put some place on top of the engine. The reason is all the heat is going gone down towards the bottom and out of the cowl.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Just my 2ct. I would really try to keep away from the exhaust. Can you try to put some place on top of the engine. The reason is all the heat is going gone down towards the bottom and out of the cowl.

No room on top.....

I'm working on somewhere accessible inside the fuse tonight.

16902431967541271181585.jpg

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I didn't have this option with the original ignition as the plug wires were much shorter. Somewhat of a brain lock with the new ignition....