• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Nelitz 1/3 scale Cub build

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Horizontal pieces need to be screwed/ bolted together so got that out of the way today.

20230129_084804.jpg

20230129_084759.jpg

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Checked in with Mecoa today. Shorthanded as everybody is, the prediction was the Kavan will be returned to me within a month. No hurry on my end, I'll just work in other areas.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Notes for myself, gleaned from the web.

You will need 7 yards of fabric, a pint of POly Tak cement to attach it, 4 quarts of POly Brush to fill the weave and apply the finishing tapes, 3 quarts of Poly Spray to make the aircraft opaque so you don't see through it, and 3 quarts of White Poly Tone 4 quarts of Yellow Poly Tone and finishing tapes.

I decided to work on my pinking tape. I will cut it from Super Coverite material. I found a set 3mm shears on Amazon that produce a much more scale look than the large 5mm ones I got I Walmart

TonyHallo

150cc
The pinking tape sold by F&M is just about 3 mm, would be great for making odd sized patches and such. Just wondering why you are cutting the tape rather than buying from F&M? Each rib takes about 4' of tape, that is a lot of cutting.