• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Nelitz 1/3 scale Cub build

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I think I'm stuck until my engine is returned from service. At least in the cabin area. I need to work my way backwards from the firewall so I'll find other areas to work on in the mean time.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
It has never been run as well as a nylon gear inside degrades after a few years. I believe the oil will need to be replaced as well.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Thinking running exposed wiring to throttle Servo and engine ignition so went looking for mini wire looming. McMaster Carr had it in 1/8" diameter!

20221220_213100.jpg

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
shoot! I wouldn't be surprised if McMasterCarr had a 1/3 scale cub!!!! LOL That 1/8 looming works good before you add connectors, otherwise you'll have to use the 1/4" stuff. It stretches out pretty thin too.

You've been making good progress lately!

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
shoot! I wouldn't be surprised if McMasterCarr had a 1/3 scale cub!!!! LOL That 1/8 looming works good before you add connectors, otherwise you'll have to use the 1/4" stuff. It stretches out pretty thin too.

You've been making good progress lately!

O
Thank goodness winter is here. Take a day/ week off and restarting becomes difficult. Cold weather will force me to keep going.