• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Nelitz 1/3 scale Cub build

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Silly work while glue dries here and there. Stuck this M1.4 screw head on this control arm. It's just glued as the main bolt is just under the white epoxy putty.

20221217_202752.jpg

20221217_203216.jpg

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I love lights and smoke! But I’m starting to worry about all up weight on this beauty. Any idea on your target weight?

No idea whatsoever. My experience with Cubs is that they are hard to land from so much lift. So far very little weight added. But point taken, I will weigh the extras and leave the weight discussion open for all of my GSN brothers here.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
No idea whatsoever. My experience with Cubs is that they are hard to land from so much lift. So far very little weight added. But point taken, I will weigh the extras and leave the weight discussion open for all of my GSN brothers here.
Compared to a balsa build it just looks heavy I suppose. I’m just not familiar with this build style.

TonyHallo

150cc
On a roll tonight. Should I add lights to this plane? Tony, you do civilian scale. Any thoughts?
I would say most J3's did not have lights or electric systems when built so I would not include lights. The Super Cub Nav Light bracket drawing is attached.
And smoke. Should I consider smoke. I wonder what this muffler tap is for?
Looks like a 2 stoke glow type carb, tank pressure?
I thought the same of the Champ but it flies heavy. I have it on diet now but it is hard to shave off pounds just like real life! I'm about to hang the wall board in my daughter's bathroom so I'll be back to it soon.

And what glue did you find worked on the fabric?

Attachments

• Nav Light.pdf
    104.6 KB · Views: 84
  • 000_0334.JPG
    000_0334.JPG
    560.2 KB · Views: 52
  • 000_0335.JPG
    000_0335.JPG
    573.3 KB · Views: 53

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Ok, no lights. Engine is Kavan 4 stroke gas/ methanol. I'll email Mecoa about the muffler tap. I'll do some weight management while I continue the build.